Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I emailed them yesterday late afternoon about even if they could do one for our 32 year old Pace Arrow MH. I receved a email form Barb this morning that she has the pattern. Cost $219.95 includes shipping and will take 2 weeks.That was one of the quickest response I've ever gotten, from a Business.
JS,

tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2014, 11:09 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCruiser View Post
I'm guessing you all had to call to get pricing for your individual units. We have the Itasca Sunstar 27N and am interested in this.
That's correct. If she has the pattern for your RV you will get faster turnaround. She has to go to a dealership to make a pattern for our Bounder, so it will take longer for us to get ours. (And cost more, too. )
Old 03-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I got to thinking about this. Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometime I just sits......

My MH is 12 years old now and the top of the dash looks good as new, even the forward part that the windshield curtains don't protect.

After thinking about that, I got to thinking about how many gallons of diesel that $219 + will buy me and how many more things I can see along the way.

The diesel won!
That's true, Joe. It will be worth it to me because our little dog jumps up there when we are parked in the campground so he can mind everyone's business. I am always afraid that his toenails will damage the vinyl on the dash.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Our dash cover is finished and will be shipped tomorrow (Monday). Also, the $30 charge to make the pattern was refunded to us, so the final cost was $239, including shipping.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:04 AM   #19

Thanks for posting back SarahW.

I need some custom touches, so I'm going to try and make my way by there so she can measure ours.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Thanks for posting back SarahW.

I need some custom touches, so I'm going to try and make my way by there so she can measure ours.
John, you don't have to go there in order to buy. If you contact her, she will travel to a dealership to make a pattern for your RV. (Unless she has made one for a similar unit...then she already has the pattern.) She drove to Denver to an RV dealership to make the pattern for our Bounder, then sent me a picture of the "rough fit".

This is the photo she emailed me last week of the fit on a Bounder at the dealer...

Note that the cover is not "stuck down" but seems to fit perfectly. (She includes some sort of double-stick tape to attach the cover so it will lie flat and not move around.) From the photo, it appears that it will be a perfect fit in our Bounder. I know our little dog is going to love it.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
We don't travel with pets anymore, but an added benefit of that dash cover is that it looks like a great place for small pets (cats, some dogs) to sleep too! And... when they just walk around up there their footprints won't be an issue.

Neat mod..
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
This is the photo she emailed me last week of the fit on a Bounder at the dealer... Note that the cover is not "stuck down" but seems to fit perfectly. (She includes some sort of double-stick tape to attach the cover so it will lie flat and not move around.) From the photo, it appears that it will be a perfect fit in our Bounder.
Sarah,

Would you be willing to post pictures in your Bounder once installed? I am very interested in this product.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:44 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Sarah,

Would you be willing to post pictures in your Bounder once installed? I am very interested in this product.

Thanks,
Brian
Will do!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Argh. Our dash cover is sitting at the post office; apparently it got there too late to get delivered today. I might drive over there and see if they'll just hand me the package.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

The dash cover arrived and I took it over to the moho this morning for a fitting! It looks GREAT and I'm very pleased with the fit and color. It has a few wrinkles in it from being folded for shipping, but I know those will relax with time and in the warm sunshine. I considered going over it with my fabric steamer but I'm going to see how it smooths out on its own first. The cover actually fits great and is lightweight and soft. Our little dog is going to love it!

Here are a couple of cell phone photos of the cover. I have not applied the stick-down stuff yet because I want to let the cover relax and smooth out first. I apologize for the picture quality.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sarah, what's it made of? Looks like carpet, but probably not.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Sarah, what's it made of? Looks like carpet, but probably not.
You know, I'm not really sure what it's made of. It does look sort of like carpet, but it's very lightweight and soft. I suppose it has to be pretty malleable to sew in those darts and angles. I'll call Dot and ask her what the fabric is.

ETA--ok, I called and she said it is "carpet style polypropylene material." Apparently dash covers are typically either "carpet style" or "velour." She said that the velour are nice but will color fade in direct sun, so she prefers to work with the polypropylene material.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sarah,

Thanks for the pictures. Another item on my list to eventually get.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, motorhome