It seems like all the fires I've read about (in local news) are always older MHs (1970's vintage) with faulty wiring, often mouse chewed wires, sparking a propane tank and causing the fire.
As I've got a 1975 MH, and an the survivor of a fire (I was actually on fire, burned off my really long hair and the clothes I was wearing) I have yet to use anything fire related in my MH (propane furnace, gas stove, etc). I'm taking all gas powered stuff out of the MH. (The reason I'm living in a motorhome is two-fold - first a flood, than a fire, left me homeless, so understandably I now how some fire phobia issues at work here.) I've got 4 smoke detectors and 3 fire extinquisers inside and planning to get 2 more FEs as well.
My dad was a fireman, so I learned to be scared of fires earler on in life and it stuck with me.
Fulltime since May 2006
MoHo: 1975 Dodge Sportsman F40 Class C
On Board: 1 dog, 1 rabbit, 1 bird, 13 cats