Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi,
Just got the quote from my insurance company.Covers liability,fire and theft on my motorhome and towing and labor. Asked for contents coverage which I got for fire,lightening,and transportation peril,it excludes theft, my agent couldn't find any policy that covers theft.She said I have to purchase a renters policy to get contents covered for theft.The cost of this policy with a $500.deductable is 230.a year.What I want to know is this pretty much standard? Does any one have theft coverage on their contents on their policy? I'm really not surprised they don't want to cover contents theft as it probable happens alot. Hugs Peabody
Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi,
Just got the quote from my insurance company.Covers liability,fire and theft on my motorhome and towing and labor. Asked for contents coverage which I got for fire,lightening,and transportation peril,it excludes theft, my agent couldn't find any policy that covers theft.She said I have to purchase a renters policy to get contents covered for theft.The cost of this policy with a $500.deductable is 230.a year.What I want to know is this pretty much standard? Does any one have theft coverage on their contents on their policy? I'm really not surprised they don't want to cover contents theft as it probable happens alot. Hugs Peabody
Old 11-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Try contacting FARM & CITY INSURANCE. They specialize in RV insurance and they are brokers who deal with several insurance companies.

I have theft coverage, but I also have fulltimers insurance.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Gerald,
You have a coverage quote for $230/year? Please tell us from what company. I haven't seen a coach policy in the 3 digits for a very long time.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:31 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Allstate,but I'm not sure that it covers every thing I need.Hugs Peabody
Old 11-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did you get the new Allstate RV Insurance? If you did than it should cover most everything. I did have to have 20,000 personal property added to my RV insurance with allstate and also my tow dolly had to be added as an extra but still I am only paying 1000 a year with all that for a 05 MH. And I only pay a 200 dollar deductible.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'll check it out, right now and for the next four years the most traveling we are going to do is to go and refill our LP tank.Till than we are parked in daughters drive way.Once dear hubby retires and we go fulltiming away from home (lol) what we have is fine.LOL,speak of the devil,our agent just called so I asked and she says they really don't have a new Rv Insurance but it is a motorhome club (?) insurance,but that for now what we have is sufficient.So I'll just go with what we have I guess worry about it later when we will need it.Thank-You and Big Hugs, Peabody
Old 11-22-2008, 05:20 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
but you brought it up. Consider adding an Extend A Stay connection to your LP system. This way you will not need to move the coach to fill the LP tank. Just take the LP bottle to the fueling station.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

The most glaring omission from your insurance quote is collision damage and comprehensive (aka "other than collision". Your fire & theft coverage is part of comprehensive, though.

My policy (National Interstate, from www.explorerrv.com) includes collision loss, personal property loss, fulltimer coverage, liability if somebody injures themselves on my campsite and a host of other things yours does not. It also costs 5x as much. $230 is a heck of a bargain - just make sure it covers your needs.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Okay to the first Gary, whats an extend a stay and where do I get one.That would work for me but hubby wants to drive our new home me thinks,lol.
Gary B.The price she gave me covers collision however I don't think it covers all that yours does.They do have one other policy that I mentioned earlier that is much more thorough and we will go with that one when we finally take off for our new lifestyle. Hugs Peabody
Old 11-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Go here or here and scroll down the screen to find the extend-a-stay. You'll need some hoses and fittings, but the sales people or a local propane/plumbing parts store can help you with the connectors.

You can also go here for another product that does the same thing.

When we head north in the winter (north for me is central Florida) I use a portable 20lb bottle all the time, instead of the coach tank.