Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I'm gonna ask a question that struck a nerve on another Forum. My post is "Under Review" there.

When did the Motorhome crowed decide that they own RV's and not motor homes?

At the Pointless Semantics Committee Meeting of the RVIAA, August 1997.

You didn't get the memo? Oops!

/satire, humor
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #16

It is interesting that 5 out of the first 8 answers 5 are from motorhome owners as identified my signatures and/or avatars. 1 5th wheel and 2 unknowns. That brings up another rant. RV type should be in a mandatory signature. I see a ton of I have a model # xxxx. If you ask that question on any general forum Someone has to reply with What is your Type of RV and manufacturer and model#, please.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #17

Actually, I use the term RV because MH sounds pretentious to some people. In fact, I have it on good authority that my F53 identifies as a Focus. Who am I to judge?
Old 11-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #18

If I thought what I know had anything to do with what I drive then I would bother with a sig. So far I see no relationship.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we all got lazy and decided using two letters was easier than two words in both the spoken and written/typed communication.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Come on, everyone knows that trailers are not vehicles so they should never be considered RVs!

Besides, my RV is a motor coach, not a motor home!

[emoji3]
Well, they do have a gross VEHICLE weight rating. :P

I must say that I agree with Rodger and the cola/Coke analogy. Many things can be called an RV, including motorhomes, but without a propulsion motor, any ol' RV can't also be a motorhome.

All in good fun...
Old 11-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #21

Quote:
It is interesting that 5 out of the first 8 answers 5 are from motorhome owners as identified my signatures and/or avatars. 1 5th wheel and 2 unknowns. That brings up another rant. RV type should be in a mandatory signature. I see a ton of I have a model # xxxx. If you ask that question on any general forum Someone has to reply with What is your Type of RV and manufacturer and model#, please.

I assume this is the forum you are referring to.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/hello-418380.html

Struck a nerve ? your post is under review ? I don't see where all the drama is ? Granted I don't understand what the OP means either by having had 3 motorhomes, and is now getting his first RV, but you seem to be the only person having a problem with that.

As for your rant on people not listing what type of RV they have ( not listing type and manufacturer) your signature says you have 2002 27' Wildcat. How many people would know who the manufacturer is and what type of RV it is ?
Old 11-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
When did the Motorhome crowed decide that they own RV's and not motor homes?
I don't know if you noticed, but rv is easier to spell than motorhome, takes alot less keystrokes. That's why I sometimes use rv, I imagine others do so for the same reason. Sometimes motorhome sounds pretentious. Besides, if you want to know what I mean by "my rv", check out my signature block.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry; but i live in a Luxury Motor Coach.
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes".
Old 11-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #24

Quote:
. That brings up another rant. RV type should be in a mandatory signature.
Careful what you ask for!

I had one of those rant things when I a student in college. The dean agreed with me. I was the first (non volunteer) student member of the committee that had only been facility to this point. I was soon joined by two volunteers from the student ranks.

Then it was discovered that the meeting were only held on Saturday.

My other RV is a sailboat. I am a member of a yacht club. We have rules voted on by the membership. One of the rules is the number of days in a row you can stay. This is the same or similar rule that the COE for its campgrounds.

There is no rule about how long you should begone.

When asked what I thought, I replied does it matter? Then followed up in saying that in 25 years the only apparent rule is we do not follow the rules.

This not to say that we do not strictly adhere to state and federal regulations. We are the only safe haven on the water for more than 20 miles.

The point here is what we call something matters. There are codes and standards for the RV industry. I am sure the powers to be in the Ronald Reagan see the RV and boating community as a blight on the environment.

God forbid that American might actually get out into the environment and enjoy it.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #25

well I guess we will no longer have RV parks, RV dealers, RV repair shops or RV supplies. We can get trailer parks, camper dealers and box home repair shops
Old 11-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA Larry View Post
Well, they do have a gross VEHICLE weight rating. :P

I must say that I agree with Rodger and the cola/Coke analogy. Many things can be called an RV, including motorhomes, but without a propulsion motor, any ol' RV can't also be a motorhome.

All in good fun...
So do trailers.

I saw a thread earlier today where a trailer owner was asking for some help. He got some incorrect information that would have applied to a motorhome (MH, see how easy that is?) but not his trailer. When the OP pointed out the answer didn't apply to his trailer the "helper" responded with words to the effect of "Oh, i thought you had a RV".

That's the arrogance the OP of this thread is talking about.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #27

Well I own an upper class motorhome. An RV is beneath me. Do you have any Grey Poupon?.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #28

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
That brings up another rant. RV type should be in a mandatory signature
Mandatory? Good lord, are you the HOA president here?

Perhaps some would prefer a bit of privacy on the internet. Or perhaps they simply don't care that you might feel a tiny bit inconvenienced by not knowing everything immediately.

SMH.
Closed Thread

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes, rvs