RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #71

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
I live in my motorhome every day of the year, and do not use it for recreational purposes. I do much traveling around the country to do sightseeing but I do not use it for recreation, I use it for living, so I do not consider it an RV.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2018, 06:32 PM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Road_Trip View Post
As it should be "under review". First off, RV is short for Recreational Vehicle and the key word there is "VEHICLE", how hard is it to understand that a Travel Trailer is a "TRAILER" a 5er is a "TRAILER" neither of them is a "VEHICLE" Motorhomes are VEHICLES therefore RV is and always has been a reference to MOTORHOMES and there is no comparison between trailers and Motorhomes. Trailers are just that TRAILERS and not now nor ever will be in the same CLASS of MOTORHOMES! Look at your Homes and look at Trailer Parks, no comparison! Trailer Parks are not and certainly will never be in the CLASS of HOMES.

Simply put, "RV" is and ALWAYS has be in reference to MOTORHOMES!!!

Do not trash the Motorhome Category by lumping them in with Trailers, it is the same discredit as saying your home is the same as a trailer park trailer...... People that does not know the difference, NEVER WILL!!!
Are you serious with this post? Do you realize how insulting this is to people who own trailers? If someone parks their trailer next to your MH does that really change your experience and enjoyment of your MH?

Old 11-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I'm gonna ask a question that struck a nerve on another Forum. My post is "Under Review" there.

When did the Motorhome crowed decide that they own RV's and not motor homes?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Motorhome with slide-out extended floors
"RV" redirects here. For research vessels, see R/V. For other uses, see RV (disambiguation).

A recreational vehicle (RV) is a motor vehicle or trailer which includes living quarters designed for temporary accommodation.[1][2] Types of RVs include motorhomes, campervans, caravans (also known as travel trailers and camper trailers), fifth-wheel trailers, popup campers and truck campers.
Here's what webster says:

recreational vehicle
noun

Definition of recreational vehicle
: a vehicle designed for recreational use (as in camping)
especially : MOTOR HOME
Old 11-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
I assume this is the forum you are referring to.
Hello

Struck a nerve ? your post is under review ? I don't see where all the drama is ? Granted I don't understand what the OP means either by having had 3 motorhomes, and is now getting his first RV, but you seem to be the only person having a problem with that.

As for your rant on people not listing what type of RV they have ( not listing type and manufacturer) your signature says you have 2002 27' Wildcat. How many people would know who the manufacturer is and what type of RV it is ?

Since it was posted on a Forrest River Forum I'm kinda guessing the manufacturer is known. 27' kinda makes it some kind of trailer wouldn't you think?
Old 11-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorAce2015 View Post
I remember when all non RVers called any motorhome a Winnebago!
The lady at the mobile mechanic shop in Tampa who schedules the appointments calls everything a camper. I wouldn't care if she called it a horse as long as the mechanic show up.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #76

If a travel trailer isn't a vehicle, why do I have to register, put a license on or pay insurance. Also I have to get it inspected every year just like your MH, car, etc.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
I don't know if you noticed, but rv is easier to spell than motorhome, takes alot less keystrokes. That's why I sometimes use rv, I imagine others do so for the same reason. Sometimes motorhome sounds pretentious. Besides, if you want to know what I mean by "my rv", check out my signature block.
RV or MH. just two keystrokes and yes I commend you on your signature line. If everybody did that thigs would be easier to understand.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:41 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
well I guess we will no longer have RV parks, RV dealers, RV repair shops or RV supplies. We can get trailer parks, camper dealers and box home repair shops
That's where you're wrong. Everyone on this forum has an RV.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
So do trailers.

I saw a thread earlier today where a trailer owner was asking for some help. He got some incorrect information that would have applied to a motorhome (MH, see how easy that is?) but not his trailer. When the OP pointed out the answer didn't apply to his trailer the "helper" responded with words to the effect of "Oh, i thought you had a RV".

That's the arrogance the OP of this thread is talking about.
Click image for larger version

Name:	What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	226157
Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Road_Trip View Post
As it should be "under review". First off, RV is short for Recreational Vehicle and the key word there is "VEHICLE", how hard is it to understand that a Travel Trailer is a "TRAILER" a 5er is a "TRAILER" neither of them is a "VEHICLE" Motorhomes are VEHICLES therefore RV is and always has been a reference to MOTORHOMES and there is no comparison between trailers and Motorhomes. Trailers are just that TRAILERS and not now nor ever will be in the same CLASS of MOTORHOMES! Look at your Homes and look at Trailer Parks, no comparison! Trailer Parks are not and certainly will never be in the CLASS of HOMES.

Simply put, "RV" is and ALWAYS has be in reference to MOTORHOMES!!!

Do not trash the Motorhome Category by lumping them in with Trailers, it is the same discredit as saying your home is the same as a trailer park trailer...... People that does not know the difference, NEVER WILL!!!
Sorry, I have to ask, I assume the RV in iRV2 stands for recreational vehicle, by your definition does that mean those with trailers should not be allowed to post here?
Old 11-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Why would this possibly matter?
I'm with this person... get a life... who gives a flip considering what's going on all around us...
Old 11-15-2018, 06:57 PM   #82

Question

some of the responses to legitimate questions almost make you feel like you are on "Facebook". just saying
Old 11-15-2018, 07:01 PM   #83

Well, I didn't get an exact count by I do know for sure that after 98 posts the vast majority came from Motorhome owners. They seem to get their feathers ruffled pretty easy over a very simple question. Only four posters understand what this post was all about. It was to help in understanding what type of RV was being discussed and nothing more. Sorry for ruffling so many egos.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #84

Question makes me wonder what I purchased#@^$??

Closed Thread

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes, rvs