Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Moving fast

Things are falling into place now, our home is under contract , waiting on appraisal , we are giving everything away in house to our kids , no storage fees (yippee) , waiting around to Nov. 12th for DW checkup with hearing surgeon , then hopefully pulling out on Nov. 15 and heading south to Mission Tx. for the winter , staying at Mission Bell Rv Park , will be our first time in this area, and we are going FT in our 35ft FW , thank you God for All Your Blessings , DW sings Gospel and hopefully her songs will Bless and Touch People Hearts.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #2

That is something my wife and I are considering. The hardest part would be disposing of our possessions. Maybe next year!

1996 Dodge CTD auto, #100 fuel plate,advanced timing, upgraded turbo, 2017 Forest River 365RK
MnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #3

That is great news! We lived on the road for nearly 12 years and we loved it. We are now back to part-time but miss the road and spent 5 continuous months out there this summer. Just keep in mind that this is a way of life and not just a vacation.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
SKP Kirk , wife and I are retired and we know it's not vacation time, Our God wants us to spread his gospel through songs DW sings , we aren't doing it for the money , we are doing for the blessings that people get through hearing DW sing , I worked the same job for 33 years and haven't camped any all I've ever done was work, but now that we are retired we are gonna RV as long as we have good health, and see some of this beauty our creator has given all of us. God Bless You and thank you for the advice.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hope the fulltiming works out great for you! We are planning to give it a try shortly after the 1st of the year. We will be leasing our house for a year for this trial run!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
We thought about renting our home out but we were afraid someone would tear it up , we have been in this house only 8 months and listed it two months ago , and it's under contract , we were expecting it to sell in about a year and now it's under contract.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetl82 View Post
We thought about renting our home out but we were afraid someone would tear it up , we have been in this house only 8 months and listed it two months ago , and it's under contract , we were expecting it to sell in about a year and now it's under contract.
We just started full-timing in August. We had a rural property and the realtor said it would 6-8 months minimum before it would sell. It sold in about 30-days. Took another 7-weeks to close. Things happen when God wants you to move.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good luck with your plans.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #9

Vetl82... you are so right about this wonderful world God has made for us. To be able to venture out and enjoy it is a true blessing, as you indicate. Enjoy..
ps. who would have thought rocks could be so beautiful... I'm talking about UTAH !!!!!! and all the canyons.....
Old 11-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
OB One , where are you RV at for winter?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetl82 View Post
OB One , where are you RV at for winter?
That's a good question for which I don't have answer at this time. We're in the Denver area now for medical issues. We have Grandkids in WY, SD, & CO, so we likely will have some winter weather travel as Grandma can't be away from the Grandkids that long.

I'm still some years away from retirement but the Good Lord has blessed me with a job that allows me to work anywhere I can get phone and internet service.

I'd like to spend some of the winter in south Texas, but we'll just have to see what the Good Lord has in store for us.