Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #29

The wife and I moved 15 miles away from an rv “unfriendly” small town to an rv friendly, smaller town. Best decision we ever made!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #30

in first post you said selling house in the spring. have realty company put large sign in front yard that reads "ROOM FOR LARGE RV" really its a selling point.

and never ever live anywhere there is an HOA....
riverforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
Just like RV sales people never discuss driver licensing requirements!
Why should they? You don't need a drivers licence to OWN an RV.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:32 PM   #32

When we were shopping for a new house, we would drive through neighborhoods and see if others had RVs. If we didn't see any RVs, we marked off that neighborhood off the list. It really was tough to find a place that allowed them and had enough room for one. It is a huge pain to load and unload your RV when you have to park it somewhere else. My Travel trailer replace the previous owners 5th wheel.
havok72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #33

Moving the Trailer this weekend to stop the Whining

To the earlier reply about the sign. Now that’s funny. Needed the laugh. Thanks
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #34

If I wanted to I could park my bus in front of my house , cut the roof off it and make BBQ out of it. Neighbours would just come over with beers .
I love where I live
gbstewart
gbstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:35 PM   #35
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Money also can't buy everything.

We all end up in a box.
But it can buy a nicer box for the family to show off to anyone who cares.

Me? Just cremate and flush the ashes down the toilet.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #36

Not everyone with more money is uppity.

If that were so, we’d all be uppity to someone.

Oh, wait...
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #37

You sir, are being much more considerate of your neighbors than they are being of you.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
We just did battle with our HOA. We got a copy of the rules and said we could load and unload our RV but couldn't store it on the property. We also had the president of the board/Developer put in writing that we could have 48 hours to load and unload the RV. This worked fine for us since all the lawn care, trimming, and snow removal was part of the HOA fees so we could travel and not worry about mowing or taking care of landscaping. When they built the house we paid extra for the driveway construction so we could park our RV in our driveway. Two years ago the developer turned the HOA over the residance and they decided RV should be allowed in the HOA even for loading and unloading and changed the rules. They tried to enforce the rules on us we ended up dragging them into court and the judge politely explained to HOA board that unless you can prove harm you can't change the rules on someone that purchase the property with the understanding that he could park his RV for loading and unloading. You can change the rules for future owners but they don't apply to us and award damages in the amount of our legal fees. They weren't happy with the ruling.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #39

Have any friends that need a place to park their RV for few days? I'd line several up the driveway.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:37 PM   #40

No HOA where I live.

Parked our HiLo on the opposite side of the street in front of our house. Our trailer is a big shoe box and collapses down in size. Needed to run electric and water to wash it. Neighbor complained even though we were parked legaly. She called the police on us. Police officer asked us to move the trailer up in front of a burned out vacant house. Told him DH had eye surgery and wasn't allowed to bend over and that is why we wouldn't move it. Neighbor threatened to damage our RV while the cop was there. He told her to be quiet. The next day we were all packed and couldn't move because the complaining neighbor parked in front of the RV so we couldn't hitch up. Called the police and they said she was legally parked and they couldn't make her move. Called her landlord and told him the police said we could get a tow truck to move her car. Upstairs tenant lied and said she was out of town. She took a half hour to come and move her car. Then a miracle occured. Complaining tenant didn't pay her rent and she moved. I surely did a happy dance!! Now upstairs tenant complained about our RV being parked on the street. She complained to new downstairs tenant. Down stairs tenant used to have a motor home. She told her we were legaly parked. We only bring the RV home one day before departure. We only go out once a month camping. The complainer sat on her front porch and told her company that we always park the RV for many days and she is sick of it. She truly is mentaly ill!!
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:37 PM   #41

If you're exempt from the covenants, leave the RV where it is. When you sell the house, tout the exemption from the HOA.

Bastard that I am, I'd get a camera and find out who was putting the letters in my mailbox. With that information, I'd buy a quantity of high potency grass killer and using a pump sprayer clandestinely, make sure there was significant damage to their lawn. If they're that finicky about your RV, a crappy lawn will cause a lot of grief.

There was a rezoning request near 1 of our lakes from a farmer who is 3rd generation. The upscale homeowners drive by his corner acreage to get to their lakeside neighborhoods & their $1M+ homes.

Farmer wanted to put in a solar farm, hue & cry from the rich neighbors resulted in the rezoning being denied. The acreage is zoned to allow a large hog farm...ask me what I'd do if I were the farmer!
Clemson State of Mind
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:41 PM   #42

Foretravel Owners Club
Had several somewhat financially affluent "newer arrivals" from south of our "left coast state" start making snide remarks and sly (where is the HOA) comments about our 40 footer parked in the back yard (with it's own driveway and concrete pad) ... Got real interesting when several of their neighbors pointed out that the sub division, the street names(ave/court/lane/street... and our name are the same ......
btw... the only covenants are NO HOA allowed, and those concerning height of antenna's (max 6' above existing chimney,and County zoning rules..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer