Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #85
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Interesting thread but I must point out going into the funding aspect of it starts to lead it afoul of the iRV2 Community Rules.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #86

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When we bought our house the CC&R's allowed RV's in the sideyard behind the frontline of the house. But they also stated that unless renewed by vote of the owners they expired after 20 years. Been here 32 yrs now and no vote ever occurred. I see a few places with boats sticking out but it's still not a problem.
Hope the OP gets this resolved and fills us in when appropriate!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #87

Just an update. The hearing still stands for now. Not until September. There’s no monetary value on it. Half the neighborhood has come to my defense and the law suits are flying against this guy. Yes indeed the HOA and architecture committee even for those participating expired after 20 years for everyone so no one in this community is under any guidelines nor have they been for years. They have involved the states attorney on this guy for fraud and are demanding dues be repaid to all property owners immediately. Have asked for a full accounting of any and all funds immediately. This guy unleashed a storm he may not soon forget. It never pays to be nasty. We’re neighbors and a friendly conversation is always best.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!!
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:44 PM   #88

wow
CIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #89

I wish you the best! A countersuit against the hoa AND it's officers is definitely in order. If they are not stopped now they will increase their tyranny. Make them pay for the headaches and heartaches. Otherwise they will not stop. I have passed on several houses due to hoa membership. I would never live in one.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:17 AM   #90

Big frogs in a small pond.
ijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #91

So I guess the HOA funds he was paying his lawyer with, will actually be his own money, once he is forced to return all the HOA dues that were not even legal to collect. Looks like the tables have turned. Keep us posted. This is quite interesting.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:15 AM   #92

Wait for it....

Wait for it.....

Case has been dropped!!!

He must be under a huge amount of pressure. I received paperwork in the mail yesterday of the dismissal.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:49 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickho View Post
Wait for it....

Wait for it.....

Case has been dropped!!!

He must be under a huge amount of pressure. I received paperwork in the mail yesterday of the dismissal.
That's good news.

But it's a shame you had to go to the expense and hassle to get it resolved. He probably thought you'd just go ahead and move it to avoid the hassle, and as I remember, you almost did.

Any chance of recovering your legal fees?
Old 05-21-2019, 12:37 PM   #94
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I’d strongly have to consider getting reimbursed for at least my out of pocket expenses.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #95

Wow that was quite a story Ricko . One of my neighbors built an rv garage on his 2 acer property several years ago backed up to BLM land the neighbor that he was friends with found out it was 6” too close to the boundary line and no permit. Neighbor had to remove it but then he got a permit(which he should have done first hand but he thought metal buildings were exempt) moved it 1 foot and put the same building back together . The neighbor went nuts cause he didn’t like it but the county said too bad now it is legal.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:41 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
+2

Either the house IS within the HOA and the CC&Rs apply or NOT.

Please explain your statement.

I've seen this on foreclosed properties. The bank basically says screw the HOA we want money. So houses get sold without a "mandatory" HOA clause. I've seen HOAs try to sue someone into joining and failed (Punta Gorda Florida)
HDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #97

Moving the Trailer this weekend to stop the Whining

I’m not within the HOA. Actually the HOA that did apply to some expired 2 years ago so no one is in it. He didn’t read the documents carefully.
I’m not out that much and it was well worth it in the end. Problem for him now are all the other legal challenges other neighbors have filed. But I’m out and his hands are very full.
I also thought it best not to keep pushing. Things can get real expensive real fast and you never know how a judge will react. Now I sit back and watch...
Old 05-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #98

Moving the Trailer this weekend to stop the Whining

In reading some of the other threads, There are a lot of busy bodies in this world and I guarantee someone will complain no matter what you do.

Tags
trailer