Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have made several purchases from RV Toy Outlet.com over the past year, and have even recommended them to other RVers. My opinion of them has now changed. I air my problems with them only to warn fellow members of this forum of the problems that you might face should you decide to cancel or return an order with them.

I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. They have asked me for a detailed breakdown of the events, which I typed up and pasted into this message thread. Use your own judgement on whether you should conduct business with them.

October 13, 2007

To: BankCard Center
Re: Dispute with RV Toy Outlet

I made two online purchases from RV Toy Outlet. One on 8-23-07 for $371.08, for a set of RV tow brackets, and another on 9-17-07 for $94.47, for a patio mat.

8-31-07: I called RV Toy Outlet and spoke to a Ray. I asked Ray what the status of my 8-23-07 order was. He said the tow brackets were back ordered by 30 days, and asked if I wished to cancel my order. I said yes. Ray promised me that a credit for the full amount would be issued back to my credit card.

9-18-07: The very next morning after making my $94.47 purchase for a patio mat, I called RV Toy Outlet and spoke to Ray again. I asked him if it was possible to cancel this order as I had changed my mind. He said the order had not been processed (he used the term "imported") yet and said he would cancel the order and refund my credit card the full amount.

9-19-07: The patio mat that I cancelled arrives at my front door. I can not reach anyone by phone at RV Toy Outlet, so I send them an email via their web site. That email goes unanswered.

9-21-07: I called RV Toy Outlet and spoke to a Todd, and asked why the mat was sent. He apologized and said I would receive a return authorization email. Todd asked me to place the RMA no. on the package and set it on my front porch for pickup. He said I would get a full refund. I receive an email with return authorization (RMA) # 4021017-1793, but the email said I was responsible for shipping charges. I disagreed with this since I cancelled the order before it was completely processed, per Ray.

9-24-07: I get frustrated and draft a complaint letter to RV Toy Outlet. That letter has gone unanswered to date.

9-28-07: The mat is still sitting on my front porch. I called RV Toy Outlet back and spoke to Ray. This time Ray said I would get a FedEx shipping label by email and said that I needed to print out the label, place it on the package and schedule a pickup with FedEx.

10-01-07: The FedEx email - label has still not arrived. I called back and spoke to Todd. Todd said to just place the mat on my front porch (as initially instructed) and that they would have someone pick up the package by tomorrow.

10-02-07: The mat is still on my front porch. I called back RV Toy Outlet and spoke to Ray again. They go back to the FedEx shipping label thing and he said to expect a FedEx email. I finally get the FedEx email - label, but I am unable to print it out. I try and call back RV Toy Outlet, but can reach no one by phone. Later that same day I receive an email from RV Toy Outlet, stating that they would be crediting my credit card the amount of $353.91. I have no idea where they get this amount from, since the amounts in dispute are $371.08 and $94.47 respectively. I assume they are crediting a portion of the $371.08 charge, but this makes no sense whatsoever, since the item was on back-order and never even shipped. I called RV Toy Outlet and got through to Todd. Todd said he would look into the discrepancy and call me back that same day. That never happened.

10-03-07: I make yet another call to RV Toy Outlet and speak to Ray again after receiving no printable FedEx label. Ray tells me to go back to the original plan (now changed multiple times) of just setting the mat on my front porch, and they would arrange for pickup.

10-08-07: The package is gone when I return from work, so I assume it was FINALLY picked up by FedEx. Thank God!

10-13-07: I have received no refunds whatsoever from RV Toy Outlet, despite their claim to do so on 10-02-07.

I have made many telephone calls to RV Toy Outlet trying to get this matter resolved. Although I am treated with respect each time, I am left with the opinion that no one in the company knows what they are doing.

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have made several purchases from RV Toy Outlet.com over the past year, and have even recommended them to other RVers. My opinion of them has now changed. I air my problems with them only to warn fellow members of this forum of the problems that you might face should you decide to cancel or return an order with them.

I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. They have asked me for a detailed breakdown of the events, which I typed up and pasted into this message thread. Use your own judgement on whether you should conduct business with them.

October 13, 2007

To: BankCard Center
Re: Dispute with RV Toy Outlet

I made two online purchases from RV Toy Outlet. One on 8-23-07 for $371.08, for a set of RV tow brackets, and another on 9-17-07 for $94.47, for a patio mat.

8-31-07: I called RV Toy Outlet and spoke to a Ray. I asked Ray what the status of my 8-23-07 order was. He said the tow brackets were back ordered by 30 days, and asked if I wished to cancel my order. I said yes. Ray promised me that a credit for the full amount would be issued back to my credit card.

9-18-07: The very next morning after making my $94.47 purchase for a patio mat, I called RV Toy Outlet and spoke to Ray again. I asked him if it was possible to cancel this order as I had changed my mind. He said the order had not been processed (he used the term "imported") yet and said he would cancel the order and refund my credit card the full amount.

9-19-07: The patio mat that I cancelled arrives at my front door. I can not reach anyone by phone at RV Toy Outlet, so I send them an email via their web site. That email goes unanswered.

9-21-07: I called RV Toy Outlet and spoke to a Todd, and asked why the mat was sent. He apologized and said I would receive a return authorization email. Todd asked me to place the RMA no. on the package and set it on my front porch for pickup. He said I would get a full refund. I receive an email with return authorization (RMA) # 4021017-1793, but the email said I was responsible for shipping charges. I disagreed with this since I cancelled the order before it was completely processed, per Ray.

9-24-07: I get frustrated and draft a complaint letter to RV Toy Outlet. That letter has gone unanswered to date.

9-28-07: The mat is still sitting on my front porch. I called RV Toy Outlet back and spoke to Ray. This time Ray said I would get a FedEx shipping label by email and said that I needed to print out the label, place it on the package and schedule a pickup with FedEx.

10-01-07: The FedEx email - label has still not arrived. I called back and spoke to Todd. Todd said to just place the mat on my front porch (as initially instructed) and that they would have someone pick up the package by tomorrow.

10-02-07: The mat is still on my front porch. I called back RV Toy Outlet and spoke to Ray again. They go back to the FedEx shipping label thing and he said to expect a FedEx email. I finally get the FedEx email - label, but I am unable to print it out. I try and call back RV Toy Outlet, but can reach no one by phone. Later that same day I receive an email from RV Toy Outlet, stating that they would be crediting my credit card the amount of $353.91. I have no idea where they get this amount from, since the amounts in dispute are $371.08 and $94.47 respectively. I assume they are crediting a portion of the $371.08 charge, but this makes no sense whatsoever, since the item was on back-order and never even shipped. I called RV Toy Outlet and got through to Todd. Todd said he would look into the discrepancy and call me back that same day. That never happened.

10-03-07: I make yet another call to RV Toy Outlet and speak to Ray again after receiving no printable FedEx label. Ray tells me to go back to the original plan (now changed multiple times) of just setting the mat on my front porch, and they would arrange for pickup.

10-08-07: The package is gone when I return from work, so I assume it was FINALLY picked up by FedEx. Thank God!

10-13-07: I have received no refunds whatsoever from RV Toy Outlet, despite their claim to do so on 10-02-07.

I have made many telephone calls to RV Toy Outlet trying to get this matter resolved. Although I am treated with respect each time, I am left with the opinion that no one in the company knows what they are doing.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Craig;

I think this is very frustrating for sure. Please keep us advised on how this turns out for you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:36 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petro:
I think this is very frustrating for sure. Please keep us advised on how this turns out for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks Don, I will.

I would like to clarify that this ordeal has been with RV Toy Outlet, not the RV Toy Store.

Craig

Old 10-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Wow. It is amazing how frustrating some businesses make it for us to give them our money. You should forward a copy of this thread to them. This kind of incompetence is unacceptable, especially with what *was* a loyal customer. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:22 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bsavage:
You should forward a copy of this thread to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, I plan on doing just that once the ordeal is over. RV Toy Outlet still hasn't issued any refunds and I haven't heard any final word from my credit card company.

Craig

Old 10-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #7

RV Toy Outlet has apparently been causing problems to lots of folks! There are all kinds of threads on RV.Net about problems with them, too.

We even received a call a couple weeks ago from someone who thought WE were RV Toy Outlet and wanted to know where their refrigerator was!

Amazing that a retailer manages to stay in business when they have such horrible business practices!

Julie
Mrs. Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to mrjabby
I for one wish to say my two cents worth as well about all the talk on "RV Toy Outlet", P L E A S E do not confuse them with "RV Toy Store", as I would diffentally recommend them to anyone. As one can see by any post out there, The RV Toy Store stands behind their products and will do just about anything to correct a problem, if any should arise. I know because I had a small problem with a windshield cover being sewn uncorrectly and called Scott and the problem was resolved with no problem. GREAT doing business with you Scott, keep up the good work!
"Check out what Scott has for your RV and you'll be glad you did." Remember it's "The RV Toy Store", not the other other guy.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #9

All this happened in Oct. It is now 21 Jan 11. Has the issue been resolved or still in frustration mode? What a way to run a business.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
All this happened in Oct. It is now 21 Jan 11. Has the issue been resolved or still in frustration mode? What a way to run a business.
Sure hope so....it was three years ago.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #11

Since the original string started in October 2007, I'm surprised that the recent posters didn't get a forum-generated message saying the post was over 3 years old.

I must admit, I haven't seen that particular message on iRV2, but another forum I vist that uses the same underlying software system has it.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #12

Very good, I never looked at the date, figuring it was a current issue. Why is this even posted now, since it is over 3 years and going for four years old? We got more current things to discuss I'd guess.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #13

I find the posting dates very difficult to read because of the poor contrast between the text and the background. Can the web gurus change the color of the text for post dates, please?