Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #1

My problems thus far

Two days now living in my camper trailer, starting to figure things out for the most part. Microwave was working now it's not. Everything else seems to be working. Fuse is in, not sure how to tell if it's bad. Switch is on on the wall and in fuse panel also. Can someone help me?
Minfou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Can you locate the outlet that the microwave is plugged into and pull the plug for the microwave? Then plug something else into that outlet to see if that works. That way, you'll be able to confirm whether, or not, there is power to the outlet.

Good luck!

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-26-2018, 07:09 PM   #3

It's a wall mount! But will take it out I guess to see.thanks
Old 05-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #4

In the morning I'll remove it. Too late for that kind of job
Old 05-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #5

If there is a storage area or a door above the microwave take a look in there. That is where the outlet is for mine. As mentioned, I would check for power at the outlet before pulling the microwave.
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #6

Microwave uses 120V AC.....so it would have a AC Circuit Breaker to supply AC Power

That AC power comes from your Main AC Panel ....circuit breaker for OUTLETS.

Check that the CB has not tripped....turn off then turn back on

Also check for a tripped GCFI Outlet in Kitchen or Bathroom.
Outlet for Microwave could be part of the GCFI circuit so if GCFI Outlet has tripped ...no power to Microwave Outlet

Check those items BEFORE you pull microwave
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sometimes, there is an outlet in the adjacent cupboard and the microwave is plugged in there.

Is everything else working as expected?

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that it took a problem to get you to join us, but we hope you will stay engaged after you have a resolution.

Re-check your electrical panel as most microwaves are on a circuit breaker and not a fuse.

Also, when you have a chance, complete your profile and sig line and include your equipment information as that may help with diagnosing your issues.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:44 PM   #9

Had the same problem last week....turned out that the outlet, one of those pinch together type, wouldn't keep the plug secured.....had an outlet for a house, and a box with me, so fixed it!....my outlet was a dedicated circuit...when I couldn't reheat my coffee, it became a mission!
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:01 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
You have been given good places to look.

I just wanted to welcome you to IRV2

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:06 PM   #11

Is the microwave the only 120V appliance you have tried - and all the rest is 12V.

Check that your shore connection is plugged in and that the breaker there is not tripped.

Favourite place for the ground fault protection outlet is on the front of the kitchen sink where it is easy to depress the button by leaning against it.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:26 AM   #12

Microwave issues

Thanks everyone for the help!
I'm living in a camper trailer because of record breaking floors in New Brunswick, Canada. My house is uninhabitable so now I wait for government assistance and to find out if my house can be fixed. So needless to say my brain isn't working at full capacity.
I did go back and turn the breaker off again and back on and now the microwave is working!
Thank you all for your help and patience with me in the future for questions I'm sure I will have!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:09 AM   #13

got your microwave working, but could you tell me what a "record breaking floor" is
riverforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:25 AM   #14

Believe him to mean "flood"---
Circuit breakers, when tripped, are not always easy to notice. Then, just flipping them up/on doesn't usually work--they need to be pushed to off, then back to on.
Glad he found the problem, surely he doesn't need more to worry about.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems