Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENECOP View Post
You know Cliff the problem i have always had with that has been the uncertainty that our donations make it to the needy. With so much greed and dishonesty i have never trusted those organizations. I like the idea of knowing, without question, that the help is making it directly to the person. G
Good point, however there are still some that would meet your requirements.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank God, that no matter what, we have concern for others less fortunate than ourselves. I truly believe that it is in your nature to help and if you ignored a person in need , it would be hard to sleep.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
The key to happiness, as someone has already posted, "is to be happy". The only way to do what you want to do is donate your time & talents without asking. You go to sleep at night knowing you did something for someone else (more happiness in giving than receiving). They in turn have to go to sleep at night knowing whether they took advantage of you or not.

Dave
Old 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denochs View Post
The key to happiness, as someone has already posted, "is to be happy". The only way to do what you want to do is donate your time & talents without asking. You go to sleep at night knowing you did something for someone else (more happiness in giving than receiving). They in turn have to go to sleep at night knowing whether they took advantage of you or not.

Dave
I agree. I also learned something pretty cool awhile ago. Do something for someone and don't get caught. The power of you knowing what you did and them not knowing is awesome.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #19

The children will remember outside kindnesses better than anyone or anything. Do what you can for the children.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #20
FW

GENECOP, Having just had a small water leak, and the help I received, I would say that some of us don't have the knowledge to fix somethings because we have never experienced them before. I've never had a leak to fix until today. I had no idea of the different ways to fix this leak. One of the campers here had the experience and told me how to fix it. He also had the tool(s) for me to use and stood behind me to watch and instruct on the use of the tool(s). I think that was more helpful than him just jumping right in to fix the leak. I bought him and his wife dinner.
We are becoming friends.
FW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Ask at Church

If I may suggest:

Ask any preacher if he knows who needs your help. They are a wealth of information.
photoadjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #22

The Salvation Army is one organization I would trust to get contributions to people in need without having any stick to the wrong fingers. HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote