Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My warning/experience with of Blue-Ox-TowBars.com NOT BLUE OX

The post is not to bash Blue-Ox-Towbars.com, but to state the facts and you decided if you would do business with them.

IMPORTANT NOTE This post is not about the Manufacturer Blue Ox, at the web site blueox.com. but that of Blue-Ox-Towbars.com a dealer of Blue Ox products.

Here are the facts.
October 28, 2013 I order a Blue Ox tow bar, base plate for a jeep, locks and other accessories for a total of $1,200+I was advised the products would be shipped in two weeks. I was also told that because they were given free shipping that my CC would be charged immediately, sounded fair.
November 15, 2013 I called to find out the status of my order since I still had not received an email on shipping, (they advised me an email would be sent when the product was shipped).I was advised that I should have been told 2 to 3 weeks for shipment, irregardless 3 weeks had passed. I was told they will check into order.
November 20, 2013 I called an conveyed my displeasure that I had heard nothing on this order. Was told next week was Thanksgiving week and that they had a short week. I advised them that I wanted the order shipped now, enough was enough. At that point I was told they would ship either Tues or Wed of next week. When I called beginning of next week I was given a FedEx tracking number. The tracking # was not to my adress once it showed up on the FedEx site. Called and advised them of wrong shipping info, will check and get back to me.
December 5, 2013 Acknowledged shipped my order to wrong person and will check into when they can ship my order.
December 5, 2013 decided to call Blue Ox and see if they were having any issues with this dealer. Of cource they were not inclined to comment but a spokesperson took all my information and advised me they would contact the dealer to get resolution.( ALL items I had ordered were instock at Blue Ox)
December 5, 2013 received an email from TowBars.com appoligizing for the incorrect shipping and they would try to resolve my issue and get back to me today. Texas had bad weather excuse or not but no one contacted me from Towbars.com
Dec 5, 2013 Blue Ox rep called me to follow up on my order. Advised them that Towbars.com did not get back to me.
SO, you decide if you want to deal with Towbars.com.

Please do you and me a favor, please don't give me advice on how to dispute CC who to buy from next, call attorney general, etc. I am aware of all that good stuff.

Hindsight, I have gone to BBB site to see their rating of F

I am posting this thread as to my experience with the company, you decide!

I have a feel that Pro Hitches.com may be another subsidiary of Towbars.com since the same exact addresses show on both of those websites.
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
BUMMER Good luck getting this resolved.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #3

Service for many business today is absolutely terrible. EBay is no better and will allow misleading, lying vendors and do nothing about it, even with all of the false documents provided.
Sad but buyer beware is far to common today !
Old 12-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Does everyone know that to Google a companies "history" all that need be done is type "reviews" after entering the company name? It normally includes the BBB rating......
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #5

At this point I would cancel the order immediately, and have my CC company NOT accept any charges on my CC for this company. If they already charged it, I would dispute the charge on grounds of no product recieved.
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I have had great luck with Towbars and Brackets. They are generally Roadmaster dealers, but may also help with Blue Ox.

Good luck with your problem.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
No shipment now website show company as TOWBAR FINDER.COM

Follow up facts.......................

Rep from BLUE-OX-TOWBARS.COM called Monday at noon. Said everything would ship tomorrow and I would receive email.

Tuesday 5:00 PM I called Blue Ox directly, order was not paid for and not released for shipment.

Called TOWBARS spoke with rep didn't get my order in would try tomorrow.

Called CC company and started dispute process.

Note web site now shows as TOWBAR Finders.com although URL is the same.

You decide if you want to do business with them.
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ox