Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Myrtle Beach Walmarts

Just wondering which walmart in Myrtle beach is best for overnighting ie quiet, do they allow overnighting etc. I'm looking at 3, there s one on 544, one on seabord av and one in north myrtle on kings highway.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
When ever I'm thinking about staying in a WM parking lot, I call and ask to speak to one of the asst managers and ask permission. The only time they said it wasn't a good idea was for an old WM that didn't have a big parking lot.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #3

The one on 544 has large parking lot and several restaurants close by. Not familiar with the others. There is a Bass Pro shop in N Myrtle with big lot.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
have used the 1 on kings hwy twice no problem n end of town
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I think thats the one we will use. Looks like tons of shopping in that area with Walmart and a mall. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #6

Shopping?

Tanger Outlets, Hwy 17. Great deals
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #7

I use the 544 about 3 times a year and getting ready to use it again as many others do. I come in late about 1am and leave about 9 after doing my WH shopping. In the summer I run the airs so I don't here anything in the fall with the window open it's alittle noisy.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
DW likes the sound of great deals we have been riding our bicycles to that 544 walmart ( never thought to ask about the parking ) . We are currently parked at Pirate land RV campground and will be heading to the highway 17 walmart, stuff our faces at the golden corral and then maybe walk or bike over to check out the Myrtle beach travel park...... ( it all looks close together on the map )
Old 10-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
the WalMart in surfside on rt 17 seems much calmer than the one on 544 and its a nice area with stores and restaurants and near murrells inlet, that has restaurants on both sides of road. Enjoy. I haven't stayed in their lot but have shopped alot in both rt 17and 544 walmart
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Not towing a car on this trip so having all the shopping and restaurants together will work out nicely. I hope there will be other RVs parked there. We stayed at the Conway Walmart on the way down and were the only ones parked there.

thanks for the input.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
The Conway wally-world usually has several rigs parked at any given time as it's a pretty good place to lay over for a bit. The Wally-world on 17 in North Myrtle Beach is in a good area, but doesn't usually get the RV traffic as it's a bit off the road, buried in the shopping center, but has good shopping and restaurants around it.

The Wally-World on 17 by the Tanger Outlets will see several rigs at a time, is in a decent area, has a few restaurants within walking distance, and the Tanger outlets right across the street. Another option here is the Bass Pro Shop across Kings Hwy (Route 17).

The Wally-World on 544 usually gets a good number of rigs as Ocean Lakes is just down the road (as are a few other destinations) and there are dealers in close proximity to the store.

I would recommend you stay away from the one on Seaboard St in Myrtle Beach as the area, shall we say, has a few challenges, but isn't a proverbial "war zone" by any stretch of the imagination. Put it this way... this store has had more people appear on the website "Peopleofwalmart.com" than the others in the area combined. You be the judge!

Haven't really interacted with the new one in Surfside on 17, but it is in a decent area. You could also check out the Target on 544 just north of 17 Bypass....

Enjoy!!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would agree the WM on Seaboard is one I would avoid. Also, the smaller WM (fairly new) on 17 South in Surside has a pretty small lot and I've never seen an RV in there. WM on north end near Tanger is fine and the one on 544 seems to attract a lot of RV's.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Good info thanks guys.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
surfside definitely has a smaller lot
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach