Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #43

All set to view the coach next Tuesday as the seller is away for the weekend.

If the floorplan suits us I will ask for a test drive with the owner. If after that we are happy I will make an offer on condition of an inspection by my truck place and a house inspection. The seller has agreed to an inspection at my local shops.

Thanks all for the help and I will report back.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2018, 08:07 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd View Post
I wouldnt expect your average rv buyer to have 10, 20, or 30,000 in cash to close a sale. I would not want the hassle of having to count cash either from a selling standpoint.
Every private party RV I've ever purchased or sold has been with cash. Either actual cash (counting is pretty simple) or a cashiers check I took (or gave) directly from the hands of the the bank teller. Dealers will generally take a personal check.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #45

I once had a guy try to dazzle me with cash and a $1500 lower offer on a $5500 truck.
I deal in cash often so it does not affect me in the slightest so I held my ground.
He ended up paying the $1500 in 1s and 5s. Mostly 1s. That $1500 stack was 6in tall.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Every private party RV I've ever purchased or sold has been with cash. Either actual cash (counting is pretty simple) or a cashiers check I took (or gave) directly from the hands of the the bank teller. Dealers will generally take a personal check.
great... but a cashiers check is not the problem here.(although they can be "faked")
At best Im gona carry maybe $5,000 in cash. Ive bought stuff with just $200 in deposit money and came back with the balance in negotiable tender. A legit seller wont mind this.
Anything more... Ill go to a bank and let them count/verify the bills are legit. I wouldn't do that on a 20 or 30,000 sale and that much cash is not getting deposited anywhere except a personal safe.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd View Post
great... but a cashiers check is not the problem here.(although they can be "faked")
It's not likely that a cashiers check received directly from the bank teller (as I stated in my post) is a "fake". Some folks carry $5,000 around as pocket money.

I suppose you can do the deal however a buyer and seller agree to do a deal. All I'm saying is that when doing a private sale, a cash deal is not as unusual or difficult as you seemed to imply.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
It's not likely that a cashiers check received directly from the bank teller (as I stated in my post) is a "fake". Some folks carry $5,000 around as pocket money.

I suppose you can do the deal however a buyer and seller agree to do a deal. All I'm saying is that when doing a private sale, a cash deal is not as unusual or difficult as you seemed to imply.
"large amounts" are... very unusual.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, advice