Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #15

I shudder to think that some of you would even consider the intrusion of big bother into one more area of our life's. Look how they have managed the forest service lands and the BLM and what they will let us use and not use on our lands.

NO NO NO I do not want one more intrusion of big brother telling us what we can and can not do.

Plus this would be another 10,000 government works we would have to support plus additional taxation that the feds would require. To allow us to fish.

Jim W.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #16

In Texas a license is not required to fish in state parks, fresh or saltwater. If a state park borders the Gulf of Mexico like Goose Island State Park no license is required as long as you stand in the boundary of the state park.
For resident seniors in Texas the fresh and salt water license is $21.
For Texas Disabled Vets 50 percent or more (it was lowered this year) the Super Combo Hunting and Fishing is free.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
the proposal has been sent to Congress several time as a Senior license. It can't find the needed congessional sponsors.
Not surprising, since Congress doesn't even have the authority to issue fishing licenses. It's one of the many prerogatives reserved to the states by our Constitution. And as Mike & Cha explained, it's a local issue, with local funding and local management concerns.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Not surprising, since Congress doesn't even have the authority to issue fishing licenses. It's one of the many prerogatives reserved to the states by our Constitution. And as Mike & Cha explained, it's a local issue, with local funding and local management concerns.

I have read the Constitution many times and I can guarantee you that it never says one word about fishing licenses.
MotorPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:38 PM   #19

do you really want donald dictating your fishing policies? (or whoever happens to be in dc)
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #20
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I think a National License would be nice, but almost impossible to do. When I use to visit my dad in Washington State, we would often go fishing and I would buy a three day, out of state, license. He lived in the middle of Washington and the handbook regulating fishing, just in his and surrounding Counties, was huge. You had to know that while fishing (as an example, I'm making up the numbers) on the Snake river between bridge 602 and Hwy 22, you could only keep trout with a cut dorsal fin, 18" to 24" in length.

For a National License to work, you would have to put every State and County rule online and every fisherman would have to study it before picking up a pole. Just not feasible.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #21

The idea of a "National-Fishing-License" sounds good at face value, but then one must wonder if the fees would be divided equally, or distributed by population.

Many of the fees collected are used to support conservation efforts in each state. Here in Missouri, all license sales are used to pay conservation agents. When one reaches 65, a resident is issued a lifetime hunting and fishing permit (still have to buy trout and duck stamp)

My RV trips are almost all fishing related. If I'm traveling out of state, I usually get all required permits on-line. That way when I arrive I can get my hood wet without delay.
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
But they do have authority over national parks. Last year I purchased one license in Yellowstone which of course spans three states, ID, MT & WY. Required Permits and Fees for Fishing - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

If the proposal to Congress was for an annual fishing license valid in all national parks, then that would make sense to me. It would also be nice if proposal also included a lifetime license for seniors.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:19 PM   #23

I fish and have no problem purchasing a fishing licence in each state I plan to fish and non resident licences can get expensive. The money goes to maintain and improve the fish stocks. We as sportsmen have always supported this endeavor not just for ourselves but for future generations. The cost of a licence is a small price to pay for the enjoyment of a peaceful day on lake or stream engaged in an activity I love.
I'm just glad I don't golf. Now there's some real money there.
'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickdog View Post
I'm just glad I don't golf. Now there's some real money there.
Good comment. If you feel you can't afford a fishing license then just cut back on other activities to pay for it occasionally - boondock instead of a RV park, a few dinners out, some movies and other 'vices'.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
national