Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
National fishing license

Hubby loves to fish, but it can be a pain getting temporary fishing license in each state we visit. Does anyone know if there a fishing license that would be valid in all states?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #2

There is no fishing license that covers all states. Here's an older thread on the subject.
WHY IS THERE NO NATIONAL FISHING LICENSE?

Here's one example of states that have reciprocal agreements with other states.
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Licensing/...greements.aspx

Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #3

Great dream but it's never gonna' happen. Individual states make too much money from their license fees.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Found this petition on another Rv site. Hope it's ok to post it here. It for a senior citizen national fishing license.
Print sign and send to the address posted
http://www.fishingpetition.org/pdf/fishingpetition.pdf
Old 09-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #5

This proposal has been out there for at least 10 years. It has not and will not go anywhere. The states will continue to control and rightly they probable should
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Drivers license are reciprocal, marriage license are recognized from one state to another, and nurses license are reciprocal for traveling nurses. All fees for these go to the home state in which they were issued. The same would be the case for fishing or hunting license, fees would go to the home state, licensees would have to abide by the laws in whatever state they are traveling to. Makes sense to me. Worth a try, heck it definitely will not happen if we have the attitude that "oh well, won't work, just forget it"
Old 09-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #7

Revenues for each state are huge. As I stated the proposal has been sent to Congress several time as a Senior license. It can't find the needed congessional sponsors.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzque49 View Post
Drivers license are reciprocal, marriage license are recognized from one state to another, and nurses license are reciprocal for traveling nurses. All fees for these go to the home state in which they were issued. The same would be the case for fishing or hunting license, fees would go to the home state, licensees would have to abide by the laws in whatever state they are traveling to. Makes sense to me. Worth a try, heck it definitely will not happen if we have the attitude that "oh well, won't work, just forget it"
All those other "licenses" you speak of do not have a financial impact on other states when you travel from state to state, nor do they need to be renewed every year, or have a season. So you are comparing apples and oranges. Each state has to develop a system both financially and with the infrastructure to support the breeding and planting of fish for recreational fishing. To do what you are suggesting would not be fair to impose on States who depend on that money to stock lakes and streams, and they would probably quit doing so. So it's not just an attitude that it won't work, in some cases it's just not the right/fair thing to do.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #9

Come on-- We are talking about Politicians & bureaucrats here. Do you REALLY think that a person could get all fifty states to agree to ANYTHING?? I mean, if you were in the middle of a BLIZZARD at least some of them would think the weather was fine!
Old 09-16-2015, 05:04 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandClaudia View Post
Come on-- We are talking about Politicians & bureaucrats here. Do you REALLY think that a person could get all fifty states to agree to ANYTHING?? I mean, if you were in the middle of a BLIZZARD at least some of them would think the weather was fine!
Some states do have a lifetime one for seniors over a set age. I should say NH does, I have both hunting and fishing lifetime. Although I haven't hunted for years or fished. I still carry my fishing gear though. Some day I'll drop in a line and start a lost past time that I enjoyed very much.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #11

Florida also has a free senior fishing license, you do have to actually go to a tax collectors office and get issued the permit. A DL will not suffice.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhooker View Post
Florida also has a free senior fishing license, you do have to actually go to a tax collectors office and get issued the permit. A DL will not suffice.
I don't believe a Florida "senior" resident has to have a license. You can get a certificate offered by some counties. A DL will suffice.
Exemptions - Do I need a license or permit?
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:24 AM   #13

Be sure and read the regulations for the state you are fishing. Just having prohibited tackle for certain species in your box, can be seen as a violation. Almost need a lawyer with you.

Have fun.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:36 PM   #14

As full-timers we just choose a specific state each year along our travel route that we wanted to concentrate on fishing and then just buy that one license. It worked for us. We don't fish constantly. We do other things, too. When we've had our fill of fishing (always catch and release by the way) then we'd move on to do other things.

twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
national