Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2016, 04:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
You can also do this yourself via their website without having to wait thru a long phone call. I reset mine from my cell phone when necessary.
Yes, online is quick. I pick the box that needs re-activation and hit the button. Within 30 seconds it's working.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2016, 05:30 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by outthere View Post
I have 4 recievers but one is just for the coach at $6.00 a month while i'm in it. when We get home we call and they disconnect it. $18 bucks a year ( 3 months)is not a bad deal..
It will now cost you $21 for 3 months.
Check you latest bill.

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:34 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Direct tv installed a receiver in my motorhome, I pay for an extra receiver which is HD and recorder. If it sits for very long I must call direct tv and reactivate.
You can reactivate it yourself on line. No need to call in and wait to get a service person.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a situation that I ran into recently. I have two NON-HD receivers on my DirecTV account, one in my S&B and one in my RV, so I pay the extra few dollars a month for the second receiver. I also pay extra for local channels. A few weeks ago we traveled outside the boundaries of our spot-beam for local channels. I went to DirecTV's website, logged on, went to the "chat" feature & asked the service rep to change my Service Location so I could get local networks. I've done this many times over the years with never a serious problem, just frustration when I get an inexperienced service rep. Here's what happened: The service rep did her thing, I did my thing & No Local Channels. We were both perplexed. The service rep double-checked the settings, went off-line for a few minutes. When she came back on-line, she explained that the reason I couldn't get local channels was because they were only broadcast in HD in that geographic service area & not available in standard definition. I had to use our OTA antenna & put up with pixelation, especially on PBS station. So there, another example of progress (?), I guess.

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:49 AM   #19

[QUOTE=Jim T.;3002202]she explained that the reason I couldn't get local channels was because they were only broadcast in HD in that geographic service area & not available in standard definition. I had to use our OTA antenna & put up with pixelation, especially on PBS station. So there, another example of progress (?), I guess.

I have found that if i pick up a local channels digital or HD signal on my over the air antenna the picture quality is much better than the direct tv sat hd signal.

Something something not compressed on ota broadcast.

I almost always use the over the air for local stuff because the picture is better, sound synchs with the sound system better.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:55 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
I'm just subscribing to this thread so it will be easier to find once I get to hooking up Directv.
FMCA #F456868
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
I'm just subscribing to this thread so it will be easier to find once I get to hooking up Directv.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote