Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #15

Opinions are just what you got, lots of different ones, but lots of good info. You have to decide what works for YOU and what it is that YOU want. For me a fiver is perfect, I prefer to drive the truck, and it is much more comfortable to sight see and go shopping in. My wife says she doesn't want to spend all night in the same place she spent all day.

'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #16

I would recommend a class A. We started with a 35ft gas and towed a Chevy HHR. We now have a. 42ft DP. The 3 major holidays we stay at a camp ground 40 miles from home. We make two long trips a year that are two weeks long. I like the extra room, putting the auto levelers down, and putting the slides out. It also allows my DW to get up and get us drinks, make sandwiches, and she can use the bathroom without us stoping as with a 5th wheel.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:14 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
I have had both fifths and now have had three class a's, one gas and two diesel. I would say that if you are travelers the class A's do give a spectacular view. Only the diesel's provide a wonderful quiet ride and "float" on air bags. I liked the 5th when I had them because I had a 3/4 ton diesel truck already as a tow vehicle. If you lean toward a fifth wheel, I highly recommend getting a model with 6 point hydraulic leveling - it makes using the fifth wheel almost as easy as the class A's. JMO - hope this helps. mark
Old 09-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #18

Plenty of opinions here.
But please can we all stop bashing the one you don't have. It serves no purpose. My DW is blonde, so don't tell me your redhead is better and you used to have whatever. Just help the feller out by telling what you like about your choice.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have had then all and will stay with my class A. We have a 26 foot class a we make one trip a year for two or three weeks without a toad. Not having a toad works for us and should we need one we will rent for a day or two. I love the auto levelers as it takes 15 minutes to set up and break camp. The rest of the time we make a two or three day trip around close to home once a month. I haul the bass boat with us when going on these trips. I find it more useful then the toad.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #20

FWIW I do not see any bashing. Giving an opinion with reasons is not bashing. I would not own a blank because they are all blanks is bashing.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Play/be Nice, Children!!
sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
We down sized from a DP to a C. I wanted bigger wife wanted smaller, guess who won. Really I did agree for "WHAT WE ARE WANTING NOW" State parks mountain camping by lakes. We fit with no finding the one 45' spot taken by a B, another story.
They C will tow the boat and launch EZer than a bigger A. Get about the same fuel per gallon so that is a wash. We did not give up any amenities as the C has it all except for no leveling jacks, but a lot of C's have them and if your buying new you can order them. Drive ability is as good ride is a little ruffer but acceptable. The wife likes it much better while in travel mode as she, like a lot of the women did not like the ride from her seat(there are many women with this problem).

LEN
Old 09-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
We down sized from a DP to a C. I wanted bigger wife wanted smaller, guess who won. Really I did agree for "WHAT WE ARE WANTING NOW" State parks mountain camping by lakes. We fit with no finding the one 45' spot taken by a B, another story.
They C will tow the boat and launch EZer than a bigger A. Get about the same fuel per gallon so that is a wash. We did not give up any amenities as the C has it all except for no leveling jacks, but a lot of C's have them and if your buying new you can order them. Drive ability is as good ride is a little ruffer but acceptable. The wife likes it much better while in travel mode as she, like a lot of the women did not like the ride from her seat(there are many women with this problem).

LEN

You want a bigger wife? OK! Go for it!