Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Need help finding this!

I'm looking for a dimmer switch to replace the one in my Grand Junction fifth wheel. I've attached some photos. Hopefully, the pictures show you what I need. It has four wires coming out the back. One red wire is labeled "+ out" and one red wire "+ in". The other two (a black and a white wire) are not labeled. Also on the back is stamped on one side where two wires are is "DC in", the other side where wires are is "DC out". So far no luck with CW, Lowes, HD, and several RV suppliers on line.

Thanks for any help.

The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has paid the ultimate sacrifice protecting it. American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them; they fight because they love what's behind them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1866.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	23217   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1864.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	23218  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1865.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	23219  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I see on ebay under "12v dimmer switch" several that may work but not identical.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #3

I can assume that there are numerous 4 wire dimmers available but you are trying to find the same one so as to fit back into the original mounting place ?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #4

Try any of the numerous RV Salvage places on the net located in Elkart Indiana
Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks for the info.... I tried ebay, can't even find a four wire dimmer, I tried a couple of the salvage places in Indiana and several other states. But, I still looking.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Here's a suggestion and what I would do if I were in the same situation. Disconnect the switch. It should be fairly easy since wire nuts are holding the wires together. Use a multimeter or circuit tester and test, at the wires coming out of the dimmer, for continuity from the white wire to the black wire. If there's continuity then the black and red are just connecting to each other inside of the dimmer switch. If this is the case, the white and black from the wall can be connected to each other with a wire nut. Then you can purchase whatever 2 wire dimmer switch will fit. The 2 red wires send current through the rheostat that changes the voltage giving the dimming effect.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I wasn't looking for one, but ran across one that has a brushed finish on it and remembered this thread. Fleetwood sells them on their site.
12V Dimmer Switch

The switch is made by ITC RV. Here is the link to the switch on their website. http://www.itc-rv.com/product/digital-dimmer-switch-
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Fix found

Sorry it's taken so long to respond, health issues. It really took some courage on my part as a Tarheel Fan, to take the advise of a Wolfpack Fan, but "Wolfpack Fan" advise worked. The only thing I did different was I used a off/on switch instead of another dimmer. Didn't need a dimmer in there anyway. Hurts to say this, but thanks "WolfPack Fan"
Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #9

Don't ya love it when two fans can put their differences aside and "get along"
PS NO self respecting MSU fan would ever take advise from a uofm fan !
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepapabear5 View Post
Sorry it's taken so long to respond, health issues. It really took some courage on my part as a Tarheel Fan, to take the advise of a Wolfpack Fan, but "Wolfpack Fan" advise worked. The only thing I did different was I used a off/on switch instead of another dimmer. Didn't need a dimmer in there anyway. Hurts to say this, but thanks "WolfPack Fan"
LOL! I love it Papabear! Sorry to hear of the health issues. Hope you're well and feeling better now. Just to clarify though. I am a Wolfpack Fan of the University of Nevada Wolfpack, here in Reno where we live. Not the NC State Wolfpack. I cannot speak an ill word of NC though. I lived in NC, loved it and almost retired there after 20 years of Army and retiring at Fort Bragg. Our NFL team of choice has been since their expansion and will always be the Panthers.

I'm glad the suggestion on testing the wiring worked out for you. By the way. I'd like to extend an open invite to tailgate with us at any home game here in Nevada. Home of the other Wolfpack. We're only........what 3000 miles away.

Warmest regards!
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks Wolfpack Fan.... you made my day. Wolfpack fans from anywhere but NC are OK. Don't feel so bad now. lol.