Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Need info. on sani-con

I was emptying the waste tanks with my sani-con and it quit pumping. It was running but not pumping. Does it mean that the impeller broke? I will take the cover off tomorrow to see if the impeller is broke. Where is the best place to get a new one. Thanks for the help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Don't know if this is the best place but it looks like you could get it here. Shurflo 94 571 00 3200 Series Impeller Kit 9457100 New | eBay
I bought one 2 years ago but that vendor is gone now. Very easy to change.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks I will check it out. Do all sani-cons take the same impeller.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, they all take the same. You can't see the impeller until you tear the unit totally apart. Looking in the outlet pipe you can see the macerator blade, but not the impeller. You need to take the cone shaped end of the pump off completely to replace the impeller ring and the gasket.

Been there, done that. Several times. Ours lasted about 2-2.5 yrs each for full-timer use, until I stopped using the Sanicon when parked for an extended period. For long stays, I hook up a slinky style dump hose.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ours has lasted 4 years now, but only to pump out into our septic at home. Only issues have been hair build up and 'sanitary stuff' someone put in the wrong place. Deep cleaning the thing out isn't fun, but not that difficult.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Biggest problem I had was that the bolts holding the cone-shaped section to the motor housing are a pain to get out. No clearance for a reasonable sized screwdriver. I had to use a little L shaped driver the first couple times. Then the bolts froze and the heads stripped. Nothing I tried would get them out, nor could the mechanic at the local Ace rental shop. Had to pitch it and get a new pump. :(