Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

Need new camera

I am looking for a new camera and not sure what one to get, too many to choose from. Anyone have any ideals? Don't what to spend a ton of money just something that takes good pictures.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #2

Carolina Campers
A ton of money, well I think what you may think is a ton of money others may not think so. I bought a SONY A6300 this spring and love it. There are plenty of goos reviews. But there are a lot of cameras that take great pictures. give folks a range of what you want spend.

Heck my iPhone takes pretty good pictures.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:38 PM   #3

Seems like modern smartphones have kind of filled most of that niche market. Unless you jump up to the DSLR level. They get pricey and big to carry around. Between the S-Note and a GoPro it's hard to justify a pro-grade DSLR model.
Others may have a favorite.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:06 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a camera at pretty much every level from gopros to big DSLRs. My main carry is a Sony NEX-5R with a pancake lens. I have a waterproof point and shoot if I'm on the lake (in case that becomes in the lake ). And a full-frame with a fast lens for when it gets dark.

Phone cameras have pretty much killed the point & shoot cameras, in many cases they actually take better photos and videos too. So if you already have a phone with a good camera I'd suggest a mirrorless camera. You can add better lenses to it in the future if you so desire and it will take better pictures than any phone in most situations.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:10 PM   #5

I use a Canon EOS Rebel S1.. it's the lighter version. I have been able to take amazing shots even when driving down the road. There are LOTS of affordable packages that will include a zoom lens. Sign up for B&H emails they have specials everyday.
AngusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #6

My little Nikon Coolpix was $99 about 4 years ago. Still takes great pictures (16 meg). Dw has a similar unit of a different brand that takes 20 meg pictures.

The problem is that right now I don't know if they are still available, but Amazon probably has tons of them.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #7

Ok, update, I just checked Amazon. Lots of them: Nikon, Canon, Sony etc. Small, easy to use, optical zoom and really good resolution. They run from about $100 up to the national budget.................

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:44 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I' went from Nikon 35mm SLR to DSLR about 12 years ago. I needed something smaller so I bought a Canon G9 to take on a rafting trip through the Grand Canyon. It was my first P&S and has become my adventure camera for the last 8 years. It''s been on 5 river trips and more than 50 dives in its Canon underwater housing. It has been Bullet proof. I will definitely replace it with the latest version when necessary.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera