Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
Need new tires

Please let me say I am so grateful for this forum and all the knowledge you all have by experience. Thank you !
Now I need new tires and have found several. I have a 1 ton class C.What would you recommend?? I need 6 tires ? has firestone fixed there problem?? any help will be appreciated
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have Toyo tires on the motorhome, and have been running Hankook tires on the Ford Ranger toad. Very happy with both price and performance of both brands. I am not a big fan of Firestone. Check with Les Schwab in your location, they have many brands, and are nice to deal with.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #3

I found Yokahama Geolanders a bit cheaper than Hankooks, so thats what I went with. Quietest tire I have had in a lot of years.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Yokohama tires are great tires for a great price.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:45 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Get the correct tires for your weight of the brand that gives you the best deal. The tires will die of old age long before you can run the tread off them.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:13 PM   #6

I've gone thru 2 sets of Firestone OEM tires, and they were okay. I also had a set of Toyo Open Country A/T tires, and they were about the same.
I changed to Michelin LTX M/S2 all terrain tires, and they're great. They were $15 to $20 more than the lesser brand tires on the retail market at Costco and they're a better value because they'll last longer.
Another great tire for a vehicle such as yours is the Bridgestone Duravis R500's--also available online and at Costco as a special order. I put R250's on my fifth wheel trailer recently, and I was highly impressed with the quality, weight and heft of the tire.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:43 PM   #7

We're long-time Puget Sound area residents (now in Anacortes) and have used Les Schwab as our tire supplier since about 1975. They're very knowledgeable and do the best they can for their customers.

I've no axe to grind except having had excellent service for the best part of 50 years, in Bothell, Everett and now in Anacortes.

Their top of the line tires are Toyo and we've had them on both our RV's and all our cars once the OEM tires needed replacement.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #8

I had Michelin,s on my F250 and American tire recommended Hankook tires and I bought them. Drove out and the truck felt like I was on ice skates. I returned them and got another set of Michelins.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #9

I am doing well with Firestone Transforce HT load range E. Got them for $145 each.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #10

I've always ran B.F.Goodrich T/A commercial tires on my 1T dually, and got good mileage and service from them.
The first time I needed to buy new tires I looked around and saw UPS was running these tires on their delivery vans. I figured it the beancounters at UPS thought they were the best option, they were good enough for me.
Apparently I made a good decision. I've never had a flat, or tire failure in 139,xxx miles on two sets of tires.
Now if I were to be off-roading some I would choose a more aggressive tread, but they only get about 40,000 miles tread life.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
happy o

I had a set of Hankook Heavy loads put on my 64 no problems in 3 years.
So I bought 2 Hankook AH11 for the PA steers and I was really happy with them very quite and rides 100% better. Just ordered 4 more AH11 Hankooks I just know it will be like a new MH no more yelling too each other while underway.
Sure I wanted USA made but just couldn't find the extra 2-3 K.
I think I will like them.
JMO, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires