Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #1
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Need to replace Windsheild Curtains

Did the Search and came up empty???

We need to replace the front windsheild curtains. They were water stained so we washed them and tried to dye them the same old Green that they wer. Well thay only made the water stain worse.
We have a class A so I think they are about 14 feet wide by about 40 inches high. We priced having these made at Fabricland here in Canada, about $1,000. WOW
Camping World has some advertised for around $300. I'm assuming these might fit the bathroom window???

Has anyone got experience replacing these?
Is there material that will not get water stained ?
Do ppl use "Dim Out" or "Black Out" linning?

Thanks in advance for your help

1997 Georgie Boy Cruise Master F 53 Chasis 460
Davis Tru Trac
Safe Steer & Blistiens
RoscoeAndTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #2
I hear ya. I don't have those probs on my class a yet. But I just don't like how our front windshield blind does not come all the way down. It was stated for safety reasons (driving and if it comes down not good). I'm going to contact an old fem friend who runs/owns her own shop and once our MH is out for warranty repairs, I'll have her measure and make curtains for the front and side windows (driver and passenger sides). Maybe she'll give me a discount, since I don't want to hang sheets up to provide better coverage of seeing inside. lol. /Mikey

mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:33 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
You have a couple of options here. You can order the ones from CW but they are so so.You can put heat shield bubble foil at CW for $30 or you can do this.
Blackout curtains.
I have done all 3 of these and like the last one better. Because you can close them and use your front heater and AC with out running your Generator.Plus if you drive at night you can close them if your DW is in the back with the lights on.Total cost is about $140 for the blackout curtains. The curtains my DW got from bed bath and beyond they are cloth shower curtains right size light and looks good.
2003 Sightseer 33L
Ford F53
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote

ace, replace