Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 06:08 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehmia View Post
This is wisdom that should never go unheeded, however this is a modification that my wife and I have decided on doing for the past 2 years, well before we purchased the MH. Not so much looking to fix anything, but rather preference drove me to do this mod. Now, when I go to cut a 3 or 4 inch hole right smack dab in the middle of the wall... I will be paying more attention (W/D install).
Have you put it on scales to check your loaded weight yet (before you add the w/d)? I assume you plan to put it in the left rear wardrobe? Also be cognizant of your GCVW with your toad too..........

Good luck!

Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 06:59 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Have you put it on scales to check your loaded weight yet (before you add the w/d)? I assume you plan to put it in the left rear wardrobe? Also be cognizant of your GCVW with your toad too..........

Good luck!
I have not done scales yet, why do you suggest prior to installing a W/D? Correct, left wardrobe where hookups are. The toad is a 1987 Suzuki Samurai, 2100 - 2300lbs curb weight. The towing capacity for my Bounder is 5000lbs.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehmia View Post
I have not done scales yet, why do you suggest prior to installing a W/D? Correct, left wardrobe where hookups are. The toad is a 1987 Suzuki Samurai, 2100 - 2300lbs curb weight. The towing capacity for my Bounder is 5000lbs.
Given the weight of you toad, you'll just need to be concerned with the 22k chassis weight limit (and the related axle weights).

Not sure of your CCC, but you need to ensure that loaded as you will be traveling, you'll be within that 22k, and that w/d is going to be a substantial weight to add so you need to ensure you have the capacity to add them beforehand.....

Regards
Old 04-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Given the weight of you toad, you'll just need to be concerned with the 22k chassis weight limit (and the related axle weights).

Not sure of your CCC, but you need to ensure that loaded as you will be traveling, you'll be within that 22k, and that w/d is going to be a substantial weight to add so you need to ensure you have the capacity to add them beforehand.....

Regards
Good tips. Here are the specs below. I think with the fairly light toad and the 148lbs W/D combo, I should be fine? Of course loading up the RV with cargo/goods. I actually bought one of those handheld luggage scales that can measure up to 100lbs. When we officially load it with the junk we want to bring, I plan on weighing and inventorying each item as it goes aboard. Might be a little tedious, but it should be a one time thing and since we have the time to transition from S&B home to MH, it'll be worth it I think.

Ooor maybe I just load up everything I think we will want, then go to a local truck scale and do it all in one go.

MODEL 33C
Wheelbase (inches) 208"
GVWR (lbs) 22,000*
Front GAWR (lbs) 8,000
Rear GAWR (lbs) 15,000
GCWR (lbs) 26,000
Hitch Weight (lbs) 5,000
Tongue Weight (lbs) 500
Fuel Capacity (gal) 80

* The GVWR is equal to or greater than the sum of the (UVW)
unloaded vehicle weight plus the (OCCC) occupant cargo-carrying capacity*
Old 04-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #19

You should also have a posted CCC that shows how much you can carry within the 22k GVWR. But before I would spend the time and effort to add the w/d I would load it up as you would be traveling (or reasonably close) to ensure you will be within the 22k. As a side note, you might want to post something about experiences with those combo w/d units, to see if it is even worth adding at all.

Regards
Old 04-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #20

Sorry to hear about the flood but congratulations on your new Bounder! I looked it up and it looks really nice.

micd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, flood, water damage, water leak