Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #15
Member
 
bobpowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-B View Post
Hey Bob, It loads and launches on my cheap Chinese 7" tablet running Android 4.0.3, but isn't very useful since the tablet doesn't have GPS, only Google locating via wireless network. Looks good otherwise.
Ah, you have an interesting case. If it can be made useful using the triangulation API then that would be a win. I'm working on another app to make a dashboard comp for my Gulfstream.

Also, some GPS units put out NMEA data. Maybe for dumb tablets i could suck that up..
__________________

__________________
Bob Powell.
Read my blog on Blogger
bobpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
JohnBoyToo's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, Tex-US
Posts: 4,845
k - on the HTC Thunderbolt running version 2.3.4 it needs a few more tweaks
the dump station icons only show up on the map the first time into the app... after that it only shows my location icon, but the question icon seems to find everything fine each time !

The Plus Sign icon asked me to select a type of service to add,
but only shows the submit button, not the service type selection


Not compatible with Motorola 10" Xoom android 4.0.4

Sorry, just trying to help
__________________

__________________
'11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler JKU. History.. 5'ers: 13 Redwood 38gk, 11 MVP Destiny, Open Range TT, popups, vans, tents...
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
gmadams's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 1,469
I have the Xoom with Android 4.1 and it says it isn't compatible.
__________________
Gary and Kay & Chipper
2018 Thor Tuscany 38SQ
2012 Colorado Crew Cab
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
JBwills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Arizona today
Posts: 13
App for crap dump

My current devices don't play well with Google's Play-store, If you can I would appreciate it if you made it available on Amazons App store. or if you wish PM me a link to download it for install onto them.
__________________
Ben Wills
JBwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: south dakota
Posts: 70
Works great. HTC One X running android 4.0.4 on a custom rom called Venom.


The app database has a dump station listed a few block away from my sticks and bricks. It's a residential house, Can you remove it from the data base?

Please remove 44.873, -98.52232 and replace with 44.8786, -98.5304
Hav a rest campground has a free dumping station open to all.

Hav a Rest Park & Campground - Redfield South Dakota - YouTube
__________________
2008 F450 King Ranch.6.7L Power Stroke Diesel. Keystone Montana 3150RL.
Mr Nifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #20
Member
 
bobpowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
k - on the HTC Thunderbolt running version 2.3.4 it needs a few more tweaks
the dump station icons only show up on the map the first time into the app... after that it only shows my location icon, but the question icon seems to find everything fine each time !

The Plus Sign icon asked me to select a type of service to add,
but only shows the submit button, not the service type selection


Not compatible with Motorola 10" Xoom android 4.0.4

Sorry, just trying to help
Thanks, this is great feedback. I will be testing on the xoom emulator today.
I'll see what can be done with htc.
__________________
Bob Powell.
Read my blog on Blogger
bobpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #21
Member
 
bobpowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBwills View Post
My current devices don't play well with Google's Play-store, If you can I would appreciate it if you made it available on Amazons App store. or if you wish PM me a link to download it for install onto them.
I will put links to binary APK files on my site today. You can copy them to the phone and install from SD.
__________________
Bob Powell.
Read my blog on Blogger
bobpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:35 AM   #22
Member
 
bobpowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nifty View Post
Works great. HTC One X running android 4.0.4 on a custom rom called Venom.


The app database has a dump station listed a few block away from my sticks and bricks. It's a residential house, Can you remove it from the data base?

Please remove 44.873, -98.52232 and replace with 44.8786, -98.5304
Hav a rest campground has a free dumping station open to all.

Hav a Rest Park & Campground - Redfield South Dakota - YouTube
Interestingly, the site you mention is listed as an overnight parking. The databases I scanned for the locations didn't make distinctions between dump points and stopovers. The european data is clearer. There seems to be a need for more crowdsourcing of data. Could i ask you to report the other site via the plus icon? I need to test that better. Some phones refuse to email out.
__________________
Bob Powell.
Read my blog on Blogger
bobpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #23
Member
 
bobpowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpowell View Post
I will put links to binary APK files on my site today. You can copy them to the phone and install from SD.
The APK files are now available from my developer page. http://www.bobpowell.net/Apps.aspx

Click on the Android.. then the APK icon for the RVAssistant. You can write this to your phone and install from the SD card using the file manager.
__________________
Bob Powell.
Read my blog on Blogger
bobpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: south dakota
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpowell View Post
Interestingly, the site you mention is listed as an overnight parking. The databases I scanned for the locations didn't make distinctions between dump points and stopovers. The european data is clearer. There seems to be a need for more crowdsourcing of data. Could i ask you to report the other site via the plus icon? I need to test that better. Some phones refuse to email out.
When I click submit is says please choose the type of service point. But I see no options to select.

__________________
2008 F450 King Ranch.6.7L Power Stroke Diesel. Keystone Montana 3150RL.
Mr Nifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #25
Member
 
bobpowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Hey folks. If anyone has used this app and likes it would you be so kind as to rate it on Play? I am also open to suggestions for improvements.
__________________
Bob Powell.
Read my blog on Blogger
bobpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #26
Member
 
bobpowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nifty View Post
When I click submit is says please choose the type of service point. But I see no options to select.

Ahh. oops this is a holdover from the European version that has different sorts of sites. I will fix this. Thanks for the heads up.

Bob.
__________________
Bob Powell.
Read my blog on Blogger
bobpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
Registered User


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,198
I tried to install this today... on my asus tablet.

It asked me to login to gmail...

Idont know my password,my system is allways logged in, and the android store never ever asks me for my password.
After being refused my 3 best guesses, i gave up.

Why is it doing this?
I can go to the android store. search for, and find any app, and download and install it without being asked for my password... :(
__________________
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,820
Have 'Droid will travel says the card of of this man..

(Ok, Ok it does not actually say that but I just upgraded to an Android phone and installed EchoLink on it and so far very happy. Will check out your ap..)
__________________

__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.