Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I tried to install this today... on my asus tablet.

It asked me to login to gmail...

Idont know my password,my system is allways logged in, and the android store never ever asks me for my password.
After being refused my 3 best guesses, i gave up.

Why is it doing this?
I can go to the android store. search for, and find any app, and download and install it without being asked for my password... :(
Hi Jim, This is the login for the Google Play site and has nothing to do with the application itself. I don't have any logins for the app.

If you know how to copy the APK file to the sim-card or directly to your tablet via a USB cable, you can download the apk file directly from http://www.bobpowell.net/Apps.aspx (click the little Android logo)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Downloaded yesterday. Flakey E-grade link (No 4G here) Got it installed, looks good

One suggestion.. You give address, lat & long

can you add name and either a $ if they charge or $xx.yy (how much)

At least the name (Charges change so you'd have to constantly check back on that) Or on charges "$5.00 on 9/2012"
So if I"m reading it in say 2015,, Well the price may have increased.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #31

Hi all,
I've made the reporting system more reliable and dumps you report will be stored on your phone. I'm expecting a rash of spurious reports so the process will be to see if a place is reported by more than one person then to check on Google StreetView to see if it's genuine. Any place you report will remain on your phone unless you delete the app and/or its data. For those of you that want to save your dump reports the file is called localdumps.txt. FYI reporting relies on an Internet connection at the time of the report as the system uses Google to get the street address and my web-site to store the reported site. No personal information is stored. Just latitude, longitude and address which is not really required i suppose.

I have to say a continued thank you to everyone who tests the application and who has made suggestions. Please continue to do so because your input is very much appreciated and I am learning how to make a really great app from a small beginning.

Bob.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Downloaded yesterday. Flakey E-grade link (No 4G here) Got it installed, looks good

One suggestion.. You give address, lat & long

can you add name and either a $ if they charge or $xx.yy (how much)

At least the name (Charges change so you'd have to constantly check back on that) Or on charges "$5.00 on 9/2012"
So if I"m reading it in say 2015,, Well the price may have increased.
Hi, I understand that this is a needed feature but I have a problem. The database of places that i got from scouring the internet doesn't have information in a consistent form so I can't name all the places. I'll think about possible solutions.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
I tried again today, the play store says "your device isn't compatible with this version"
My device is an asus transformer tablet, running android 4 honeycomb
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
regarding directions... most Andriod phones will have one or more maping and/or direction programs on them... Would it be possible (i do not know how) to make the app "Forward" the lat & Long to such an application so it can route you?

(I'm still learning my Samsung Galaxy S-iii, I mean I have not yet owned it for a week (Today id say 6.5 Tomorrow noon is 1 week). Runs Echolink too.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I tried again today, the play store says "your device isn't compatible with this version"
My device is an asus transformer tablet, running android 4 honeycomb
Ahh, do you happen to know if that device runs an X86 (atom or whatever) processor? If you send private mail to my address listed on the developer page I will compile an X86 version and send it back to you then we can see if that fixes the problem.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #36
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpowell View Post
Hi, I understand that this is a needed feature but I have a problem. The database of places that i got from scouring the internet doesn't have information in a consistent form so I can't name all the places. I'll think about possible solutions.
How about something like gas buddy where the users can make updates to your DB. You can post the date of the most recent update. It will take time to populate but you can add a notes field so we can post any valuble information like easy access, low trees, pot holes or no rinse hose for cleanup, etc...

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not compatible with Motorola xoom running ics .
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpowell

Ahh, do you happen to know if that device runs an X86 (atom or whatever) processor? If you send private mail to my address listed on the developer page I will compile an X86 version and send it back to you then we can see if that fixes the problem.
It's an nvidia tegra3
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I see when you "Add a site" it just takes your current GPS location.

(I added one yesterday) You need to add a text requestor so we can put in the info I suggested above (Name and fee if any)
Old 10-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #40

Not compatible with my iView 760, or Archos 80 G9 tablets according to the Play Store. Both are running ICS. Archos does have built-in GPS. Works good on my DroidX.

Tried to download the APK file from your site but it isn't there. Click the little Android, nothing. Right click, save as, no file....

Seems like a handy app.

Thanks....
Sprdtyf350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I see when you "Add a site" it just takes your current GPS location.

(I added one yesterday) You need to add a text requestor so we can put in the info I suggested above (Name and fee if any)
I'm thinking of changing the app to do this. My original plan was to have all data held on the phone and indeed there is a fixed list of locations and addresses as well as another that you add yourselves. I realise now that this is nonsensical because the internet connection is required anyway for the maps so i might as well store it all in a database anyways. This implies a world wide app, not ones targeted at US or European areas.

I also have a problem inasmuch as people "testing" the add site feature have declared their house as a sani-dump. Ha ha. I hope they arent too surprised at the strange smell in the front yard.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprdtyf350 View Post
Not compatible with my iView 760, or Archos 80 G9 tablets according to the Play Store. Both are running ICS. Archos does have built-in GPS. Works good on my DroidX.

Tried to download the APK file from your site but it isn't there. Click the little Android, nothing. Right click, save as, no file....

Seems like a handy app.

Thanks....
I guess if the apk on play isn't compatible then its no use downloading the one from my site as its the same.

I will look into how to generate the files compatible with these types of devices. Thanks again for more great feedback