Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New batteries, shocks

Well, I broke down and orderd four koni fsd for my Allegro Bay on a w22 chassis. Wouldn't you know it, something else went wrong before I got the shocks delivered.

I decided to remove the coach batteries, U2200 workaholic, and very heavy, and clean, prime and repaint the battery rack. Everything went well until I picked up one of the batteries to replace it. As I picked it up, I saw some liquid dripping. You guessed it, battery acid. One of the batteries had developed a leak from the bottom. Well, I had to postpone the replacement until I could get new batteries. I ordered two u2200 Interstate. When they came in, they looked different and had a different number, #gc2xhdutl. I called the Interstate battery dealer and he said the U2200 was no longer available and the gs2 was the replacement. Well I got that job finished and now I have to install the Koni shocks. Any volunteers?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajudge View Post
Well I got that job finished and now I have to install the Koni shocks. Any volunteers?
dajudge, Boy I have been through a few sets of batteries myself however in replacing my coach batteries I went with 2 Trojan 12 volt units. I completely prepped the compartment and repainted using a brick red colored paint. I believe that it has good properties when used on these types of surfaces. So far its holding up very well.

In regard to wrenching off the old shocks and bolting in the new Koni FSDs, I wish you God speed and a healthy bottle of lineament.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #3

New heavy duty RV Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer made a BIG difference in ride and handling on our older '88 Winnie - hope yours comes out as well - and it only took me a couple of weeks to recover physically from the install...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I can not find the gs2 batteries you are talking about but the U2200 are still being produced. Think I would take them back to the dealer and ask him to get the right batteries this time. I may be replacing my t105's(even though they have given me good service) with the 2200's this week if the t105's don't check good. Specked out they are just a bit better on paper and cheaper than the t105.

LEN
Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I also replaced the U2200's with the new GC2's, they are an upgrade from the U2200.
Interstate Batteries Announces Advance in Golf Car/RV Power Technology -- DALLAS, March 29 /PRNewswire/ --
bthomforde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ok GC2 same spcs as the U2200 except they are 4 lb's heavier,HHHHHmmmmm more weight more battery power???? Plus xtra warranty.

LEN
Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just an update on the koni shocks and batteries. I thought the gc2 was a little heavier than the u2200. I could tell because I had to lift them up one at a time, and slowly lower them in the rack, which is under the step. Not much room for error, the batteries fit perfectly.

Now for the konis. I decided not to attemp the job myself and called a friend of mine who is an independent mechanic. He said to bring it over early the next morning. I arrived at 8am and by 10am they had them on and I was ready to roll. I noticed the difference on the way home. Wow, what a ride. Bythe way, when he told me the price, I almost dropped. I expected somewhere around $200, which was worthit. When he told me $60, I quickly paid him and thanked him profusely and drove off happy.