Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #1

Listened to a presentation by Boat-N-RV manager Thursday night here in SC.
Here are my notes and thoughts.

Boat-N-RV is opening a new facility at Ridgeland, SC Exit 21 of I-95. They want it to be a "destination" store; it is a no brainer that local customers could never support this large of store. The managers have fairly good resumes from years at Lazydays and other dealers in this local(GA)area. Boat technicians are plentiful in this area and they have hired some and they are all ready working in makeshift facilities. They have RV technicians lined up; some reportedly have RVIA certification. I think this is the 4th store for Boat-N-RV each of which is a little different according to the local management. They are calling this a megastore and are trying to position it as a destination as noted. It is a $15 million dollar investment in physical facilities plus an equal amount in inventory. The facility will have a showroom large enough to display 75 motorhomes and/or boats in air conditioned comfort and 64 bays of air conditioned service facilites;they will service all brands. They will stock boats and RV's in the $300,000 and less price range. They say the parts inventory, over and above service parts, will exceed anything in a Camping World store. The second floor over the display area will be a full restaurant and bar. Large waterfall is inside of the showroom and out. On the grounds will be a 300 RV site campground and a small 45 foot deep lake which has been dug on property to run boats and fish. An announcement of some sort of big attraction that will be located next door will be made in mid-summer if plans hold up. Main point is that this can be added to your list of rally spots for local, regional or national as well as for service needs while in area. They will be able to do alignment and will do warranty work for both Workhorse and Freightliner. It is actually in business at present; they have delivered both boats and RV's including several this past week. However, the construction is behind schedule but supposed to complete in mid-April. I suspect more like June 1st but they are moving along. Site is visible from Interstate on east side of I-95. A 250 long high berm has been built in front of store along frontage road on which they will display units for visibility from the Interstate. One hopes rubber necking will not result in accidents or traffic backups.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #2

Sounds pretty good. Do you know if they have a website yet?

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary the Wombat:
Sounds pretty good. Do you know if they have a website yet?
Their corporate web site is
http://www.boatnrv.com/index.asp but it doesn't really have any info on new store yet.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
ecker and friends, please heed this. BUYERS BEWARE. I have delt with them before, twice even, the second time sorta, and I backed away. I have never heard of anyone enjoying their experiances with them. If you want to know why I say this, you can PM me. Make no Mistake, they can & will Talk the Talk. And that's it

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote