Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New Coffee Maker

We just purchased a new coffee maker that I thought others may want to know about. It's a Delonghi all front load 12 cup maker purchased at Sears on sale for $40.00. The filter and water fill compartment are together in a front hinged compartment that swings out so you can fill the maker with water and coffee without having to slide it out from underneath your cabinets. The fill compartment has a water trough that the water flows through to fill the water holding compartment in the back of the machine. It's a simple idea that works great and I'm surprised other makers don't use the same idea. It has a coffee cup holding tray built in on top and our cups fit nicely on it and under the cabinets. It's small footprint allows it to fit between our sink and the exterior wall and this location frees up some very valuable countertop space that our previous maker occupied because we had to be able to slide it out from underneath the cabinet to fill it. After running 2 loads of water through it to clean it before making coffee with it I felt the bottom of it to see how hot it gets, it was comfortably warm but not hot to the touch so no worries about damaging the countertop.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Any idea how many watts it draws?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Easyrider,
Excellent write-up. Thanks for the review!
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
900 watts.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #5

Got pictures? Reminds me of the Spacemaker coffee pots we used to have...
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner

Here's a picture of the coffee maker we purchased. You can see the filter basket in the swing out compartment. If you look closely you can see the water trough I talked about just to the left of the filter basket. When closed the front of the coffee machine is even with the front of our upper cabinets. When opened the hinged compartment swings out from under the cabinets and actually out over part of our sink and we can load it with coffee and water without moving it.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks to Wayne the Marine and his lovely wife Earlene, My Willa now has one of those coffee makers that makes one cup at a time. Earlene showed her coffee maker to Willa and suggested we get one because you could brew ''Capichino'' ''French Vanalla'' and other types of coffee in it and that we could also brew good old Maxwell House in a special filter cup thingie one cup at a time. Earlene also suggested that we need a DP, 40 footer with three or four slides like theirs to go with the coffee maker. (thanks a lot Earlene, remind me that I kinda hate you just a little) (i'm teasing Earlene) We opted for the coffee maker and I said we would think about the Destination ,,,40 footer, DP.
Willa makes herself one cup of ''Capachino'' and sits and looks at 40 foot DP motor homes on the innernet now and daydreams .....

note .... If you get a chance to meet Wayne the Marine and his misses Ms. Earlene,,,,,,,,,,,, do it... they are a lot of fun and they are just plain folks....

Lets all say a prayer for our troops that they will be safe and come home soon.
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Seajay, when you get that 40 footer to go with your coffee maker be sure and invite us over for a cup of french vanalla frappachino ala latte!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Thanks to Wayne the Marine and his lovely wife Earlene, My Willa now has one of those coffee makers that makes one cup at a time. Earlene showed her coffee maker to Willa and suggested we get one because you could brew ''Capichino'' ''French Vanalla'' and other types of coffee in it and that we could also brew good old Maxwell House in a special filter cup thingie one cup at a time. Earlene also suggested that we need a DP, 40 footer with three or four slides like theirs to go with the coffee maker. (thanks a lot Earlene, remind me that I kinda hate you just a little) (i'm teasing Earlene) We opted for the coffee maker and I said we would think about the Destination ,,,40 footer, DP.
Willa makes herself one cup of ''Capachino'' and sits and looks at 40 foot DP motor homes on the innernet now and daydreams .....

note .... If you get a chance to meet Wayne the Marine and his misses Ms. Earlene,,,,,,,,,,,, do it... they are a lot of fun and they are just plain folks....

Lets all say a prayer for our troops that they will be safe and come home soon.
My neighbor gave me one of those for Christmas a year ago. It's cost me a small fortune. It's so much better than the other coffee makers. I have to order coffee on line to get the truck load discount and free shipping. Not only is the coffee wonderful, but the varities of tea are also outstanding. Additionally the hot chocolate has put on a few unwanted pounds me. Well, maybe it's all those marshmellows. Earlene is probably right about the DP .
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Seajay, when you get that 40 footer to go with your coffee maker be sure and invite us over for a cup of french vanalla frappachino ala latte!
Dont hold your breath on the 40 foot DP my friend but remember this ...
You are welcome in my old 33 foot Pace Arrow anytime we cross trails and that is for sure. My plate is NC and it says ''CJ&WILLA'' and my door and campfire is always open to ANY IRV2 member that passes my way on the road or in the camp ground. My Pick up plate is NC and it says ''WILLA&CJ'' so watch for us and come by and say ''HOWDY''.......

Lets all thank our Veterans for our freedom. SOME DIED TO GIVE US THIS.

Nuff Said .....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just a quick update, we just got done with a week and a half of vacation and the coffee maker works great. Only negative we found out was that the carafe has to be setting straight in when making coffee or you may find it leaks. It seems that the little stopper that lets you pour a cup before finished brewing only works correctly with the carafe mounted with the handle straight out. If the carafe is in sideways the stopper thinks it's not there at all and will stop the flow of coffee to the carafe, and then the coffee filter fills up and overflows!