Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am not so sure you can not beat a Honda, I will state my logic:

When I was looking at those things back in '06/7 Honda 2000 was, and still is, 2000 PEAK, I think the running power is 1600 continous (Think is not the word, i just looked it up).

The Yahama EF-2400I is 2,000 watts continous, 1DB quiteter than the Honda, and has better bearings so in theory should outlast the Honda.

Offsetting that is the Honda Fuel pump and ability to suck fuel out of an external extended run tank.

Thus, I wound up not buying.

I would like to find my Genrac 1000 however. If any of you ever hit a pawn shop in S.E. mi that has one with WA8XYM scratched on it. please let me know.. I'd like to send it's legs to a place of contemplation for oh say 5 -10 years.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Thinking about getting a Honda 2000 to use for a future trip to AK. What have others paid in the last year or two for a Honda 2000? Saw some advertised in my Trailer Life magazine for $950. I don't know if that included tax or shipping.
Check "Wisesales.com" great prices and service. They handle Yamaha, Honda and others.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Thinking about getting a Honda 2000 to use for a future trip to AK. What have others paid in the last year or two for a Honda 2000? Saw some advertised in my Trailer Life magazine for $950. I don't know if that included tax or shipping.
ebay: HONDA EU2000I GENERATOR 2014 MODEL NEW SEALED FREE SHIPPING

you can save 100 or more if you get a used one.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
X2 Champion runs perfect..
LOUD....I saw a fellow camper get the snot beat out of for running a Champion generator in the campground.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Thanx for the links for the Honda...

Quote:
LOUD....I saw a fellow camper get the snot beat out of for running a Champion generator in the campground.
Was at a national park where the generator area was 500+ feet away and still the cheaper industrial ones were loud. Could not imagine fellow campers near by putting up with all that noise. At least it might help keep the bears away.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSRT10 View Post
Hopefully it was not just because of the generator! I know mine is louder than a Honda...I don't care because it is very seldom used except for the monthly run time. And when I bought my Champion......I wanted something around 4000 watts.......and this fit my needs perfectly without breaking the bank!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSRT10 View Post
LOL. I would have taken the high road and quietly pour some sugar down that Champion' tank.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #22

I agree about buying a quality genset. That's why I bought a Boliy 2014 Pro3600SI Digital Inverter Generator with wheels- Free shipping (click here to order) in 2008. When you read the specs, it is lighter, has more output, and quieter than a 3000 Honda. Of course mine hasn't really been lifespan proven yet, it's only 6 years old.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #23

We have a Briggs and Stratton 4K genny for backup at the house. It has serverd us Perfectly so far... Ran almost 4 days continuous except for fueling during a major ice storm a few years ago. I'm sure it is loud compared to a Honda,, but it is for emergencies, not camping... In that case it was The Best Sound EVER waking up in the middle of the night hearing that little hunk of gold puring away,, and us warm.... It's still out there ready to go, although now we have the 4K ONAN in the MH as a backup to that....
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Kinda reminds me of the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is".

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
When you read the specs, it is lighter, has more output, and quieter than a 3000 Honda.
Nope. The Honda is 49 db in eco mode, 58 db at max.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I agree about buying a quality genset. That's why I bought a Boliy 2014 Pro3600SI Digital Inverter Generator with wheels- Free shipping (click here to order) in 2008. When you read the specs, it is lighter, has more output, and quieter than a 3000 Honda. Of course mine hasn't really been lifespan proven yet, it's only 6 years old.
Your lucky. Most Boliy's last 2 years like mine did. It still ran but the ECO board burns up so it's high idle or nothing.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
We have a Briggs and Stratton 4K genny for backup at the house. It has serverd us Perfectly so far... Ran almost 4 days continuous except for fueling during a major ice storm a few years ago. I'm sure it is loud compared to a Honda,, but it is for emergencies, not camping... In that case it was The Best Sound EVER waking up in the middle of the night hearing that little hunk of gold puring away,, and us warm.... It's still out there ready to go, although now we have the 4K ONAN in the MH as a backup to that....
Same here, a B&S for home backup and it has served well. For camping we would fire up the Onan when needed. If we didn't have a built in genset, then I would definitely get the Honda. Never heard of Boliy, and it could be a great gen but why take a chance since they are about the same price of a proven Honda.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #28
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeRevell View Post
Got a Champion (IIRC) with a Suburu engine, 1850/2250W rated. I crank and test run it every month or so, always works fine. I use only NON-ethanol gas! I also keep the gas treated with Stabil Marine.
Have not had to use it for an extended power outage yet. No worries.
If I ever go FT in an RV, I'd likely splurge for the Honda, but just can't justify the cost yet.

Subaru makes great little motors. Have one on my log splitter and it starts easily and runs smoothly.

Ditto about the fuel though. Had a problem with my Honda 2000 hard starting and running erratically for many tanks of fuel. Put some Amsoil fuel system cleaner and conditioner in it and with-in one hour of operation all of the problems went away.

Tags
generator