Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
New Price on the RVND 7710

See the text below from April

Hi Dennis!
I just wanted you to be the first to know that we will be launching a Sale on the RVND7710’s. The online coupon code will be “7710Sale” and the price will be dropped to $329 upon check out (a $70 discount). This includes FREE Lifetime Maps. We haven’t had a price this low since Black Friday. Our accounting guys are all over me about our inventory and unfortunately Camping World is killing us because they are advertising the 7710 at $319. What people don’t realize is the Camping World 7710 @ $319 does NOT include Lifetime Maps. Camping World’s best price on the 7710 with Lifetime Maps is $359. So if you know anyone who was on the brink of getting one but needed some initiative, hopefully we can help!

We will also be releasing a sale on LED lights, as we have just added a few new items. And last but not least, we FINALLY have a new cross reference function on our website that gives the RV manufacturer part number of the parts we sold to them. So for instance if you type in “Monaco” into the search bar you will see all of the active parts that they buy. Or if you have the Monaco part number, it will cross reference it that way too. We still have some work to do on this project, but it’s a start!

Hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer! As always, thanks for your support! April

April Klein
Managing Director
Recreation NationTM
541-762-1949
855-866-8877
http://RecreationNation.ME
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Amazon.com: Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 7710 7-Inch GPS for Car and RV with Free Lifetime Maps: GPS & Navigation This one is $299 on Amazon with life time maps.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
laj

Makes me wonder how long till the 7720 comes out.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #4

RM is trying to clear the shelves prior to the release of the 7720. I will wait to see if the 7720 fixes some of the issues people have with the 7710.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #5

I'll wait for the 7720 as well.
denverhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
laj

I wish they would acknowledge they prematurely released the 7710, and give us some sort of an upgrade credit towards the 7720. But I'm fairly sure they won't.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Looking forward to the release of the 7720 to see what if any new features it may have.

I've been very happy with my 7710 and the 5510 before it.

THe deal at Amazon looks good at $299.00
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I'm not a high tech person that has to have all of the new electronic devices as soon as they are released. That said, I bought the 7710 when it came out last year. I have used it on over 3000 miles of travel and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. RM may be coming out with a 7720 but unless it can drive my MH I am very happy wityh what I have
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #9
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
I am curious about the map colors on the Rand Mcnally GPS, I have had a few GPS's. Currently own a Garmin 2720 several years old, It has brilliant color and good in the sunlight. All the advertisements I have seen on the RV model of the Rand Mcnally GPS's show examples of the map screen shots they all look like they have dull brownish tint instead if the bright colors on other GPS models. Are they the actual colors or are the colors distorted in the advertisements?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
I replaced my garmin 2730 with the RM 7710. I am still getting used to the 7710, but so far I am very happy with it. Just updated with the latest map, and updates (was a big file). We bought ours at CW with the lifetime maps. Going into Canada and then the NE states so for me, that will be a good test.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1
I am curious about the map colors on the Rand Mcnally GPS, I have had a few GPS's. Currently own a Garmin 2720 several years old, It has brilliant color and good in the sunlight. All the advertisements I have seen on the RV model of the Rand Mcnally GPS's show examples of the map screen shots they all look like they have dull brownish tint instead if the bright colors on other GPS models. Are they the actual colors or are the colors distorted in the advertisements?
We have had our 7710 for about 1 1/2 years and for the most part I am OK with it's performance. I find the screen resolution to be poor in sunlight. I overcame this by mounting it high on the drivers window where the tinted upper half helps to shield the screen from direct sunlight. Yes, I have the screen brightness set on max! When the 7720 comes out I will take a look and if they improves the screen resolution I will consider buying one because I think RM is on the right track with all of the RV related features but, in my opinion, they missed the mark with the screen resolution on the 7710.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote