Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #1

New RV owner

I am looking for any of you seasoned RV owners who may have a 2016 Newmar Canyon Star. I am looking for some information on the Microwave .
The unit I bought was a previously owned (only has 9000 miles on it) I think there should be a detailed instruction book with the MW. The dealer can't locate one and I went to Whirlpool and all they have is a generic user guide.
Can anyone help ?
dbrandenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2017, 08:24 AM   #2

I just purchased a Forest River Villa Estate 395 Retreat which has a Whirlpool microwave. I am going for my DPI on the 14 of April and can check my owners manual then. What problem are you having? You may find a general Whirlpool manual on line also.
mrrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:26 AM   #3

We have a Whirlpool microwave. What is your question?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Just get the model number off the MW and Google "________ user manual". I bet you can find it easily! Good luck!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a Newmar with a whirlpool: AFAIK there isn't a detailed operation guide available. Let us know what Qs you have I'm sure someone here can help.

Also, if you post Qs in the "Newmar owner" section, there will be even more responses from folks with the exact same rig.

HTH
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:00 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The micro wave/convection oven in our 2017 Canyon Star did come with an instruction book.

What model/unit did yours come with?

You my want to consider getting a "Newgle It" account.

https://www.newmarcorp.com/resources/newgle/

It is a web page sponsored by Newmar and once registered, will have "your" motor home's information on line for your review and help, including appliances.

It always helps to know model numbers, which should be listed on a paper glued in one of your closets along with the serial numbers of the original appliances installed by Newmar.

Hope this helps and gets you in the right direction.

g
Old 04-02-2017, 09:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrving View Post
I just purchased a Forest River Villa Estate 395 Retreat which has a Whirlpool microwave. I am going for my DPI on the 14 of April and can check my owners manual then. What problem are you having? You may find a general Whirlpool manual on line also.
With every other microwave I have ever owned ( not in RV) there has sways been a cookbook that help explain the use of the various settings, or in this case the convection oven feature. I don't have and can't locate on line anything like it.
dbrandenburg is offline   Reply With Quote