RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2018, 07:44 AM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
We bought new dw says never again. But we love are 35e would of liked a dual side in living room.but 30000 more when we bought it as were full timers like the layout and the bunks for are daughter.the newer ones have some great stuff like the drop down chassis for the bay area. First 2 years had prob but the Rev group helped us out greatly.but we,ll never get what we have for the price we paid.and fixing stuff always have a list of repairs one at a time just like when we started camping 42 years a go we had problems with are tent. Ask ? On this site and there's good advise here.remember worrying is just a thought .
Safe travels Bob Linda and missy

new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #44

I'll admit it. Not really concerned about buying it but the hassle of just going. Got a trailer so it's the hookup, setup, and doing it all over the next morning. Crowded campgrounds, no vacancy campgrounds. I've had it for 3 yrs and have only been out maybe a dozen times. Just as soon stay at the Hampton Inn.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:47 AM   #45

Still using ours. Purchased 6-21-2001. 112,000 miles on it. Been across the U.S. 15 times. It is an entry level MH. No slides or levelers. I do 99.99% of the work on it. Still has original brakes but I'm probably going to do a brake job on it in Santa Cruz this June.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #46

LOL Interesting topic. Years in tents when younger. This tent to small or to short. The fix .... try a different one! Tried a Camper but it was cheap and it showed. Constant issues mostly with leaks. Always loved the destinations but the work to Admin it was tiring. Then the kids and their activities left no time for it anymore so left the lifestyle for many years.

Fast forward to 6 years ago and the last one has flown the coop. Time for the Honeymoon take 2 Hey Girl......

Tried "traditional" travel for a bit. Jamaica, Florida and others but while beautiful, we grew tired of Airports, All the concrete and the man made experiences. While on a beautiful beach we started discussing getting some type of RV again to see the USA on a more intimate level.

Looked them all, A,B,C,C+,PU and TT and how they would be used . 2+ years of looking, discussing and trying to buy our 3rd trailer 1st if you know what I mean.

Her wishes, not a penalty box, no dinette as they are uncomfortable and a permanently set up bed. Me easy to Admin, preferably no slides and hopefully on the smaller side. We can not find anything we both like. Threw in the towel.

Enter winter of '15/16 and while cruising one of the RV forums out of curiosity came across the Lance 1475 introduction. Checked all the boxes. Should I tell the DW? I did and the closest dealer had just received one in April. We went, looked and played "live in it " for half a day. This will work!

Now for the OOOOPS part. The TV. Choose a '16 Tacoma based on its sterling street reputation and all the numbers work but Payload @ 1100 lb was a bit tight. The Taco pulled OK but was loud and the seats uncomfortable after an hour. Worst part was poor destination performance. It would not push the TT up a hill while backing unless in 4LO. 4LO and tight maneuvering do not mix well.

Saw a Ridgeline at the dealer close to home one day and said what it that? Google is my friend. Hummm Made the mistake of driving one. WOW this is nice. Do the Numbers work? Yes and has almost 1600 lbs payload as a bonus. I wish it had been introduced 6 mo earlier. OH, well. Time to go play Monte Hall and try to keep the damage to a minimum. The RL has been flawless at 1 year+ and 4k towing . it is also an excellent dance partner with the 1475. I do not mind doing long 6 hr tows with it at all.

Thanks for reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1336.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	551.4 KB
ID:	191962   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1680.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	191963  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	517.5 KB
ID:	191964  
Old 02-22-2018, 09:34 PM   #47

We store our fiver and use it a lot...retired now...but did a lot of practicing for retirement in it also...however, when we pick it up or put it back we have noted RV's that have never moved...you can tell by weeds growing by tires, tattered covers, etc...or sitting on all four flats etc...so we have asked ourselves the same question?

Rockiemtnhye is offline   Reply With Quote