Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 08:22 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcovey View Post
Michelin XRV's (245/70-19.5) are 9 years old, so I am ready to replace them. They are in very good condition - no cracking, but with all of the complaints about cracking I am thinking of other brands. I am thinking of Bridgestone and Continental and am looking for feedback from people with these brands. Thanks
A friend just replaced his Good Year tires which where 3 years newer than my XRV's same size as your's and they had twice as many cracks as mine and had half the mileage on them. I would stick with the XRV's they are an excellent tire.
ArtDeCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #16

I just replaced my original Toyo tires on my 2004 M/H, they still appeared to be in excellent condition however I felt I had pushed the limit with the tires age. After I removed them I closely inspected them and there were no signs of aging, absolutely no cracks or other signs of the age.
I replaced them with 8 new Firestone 12R22.5, FS 561's Firestone new truck tire, these tires ride much smother than the Toyo's did. Hopefully they will last as long as the previous tires. I have only had them for about 2 months and put about 1500 miles on them so far all is good.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #17

We just had to replace a Michelin 235/80R/22.5 with only 21K miles on it while on the road. Friday before Labor Day of course. Best we could do was find a Goodyear 245/75R.22.5 to get home the final 1000 miles. We feel lucky to have even found that. Now need kingpin work and at least one new tire. Tire Rack doesn't sell this size tires. Where have people found the best prices to buy motorhome tires? Other comments and suggestions welcome as well.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #18

New tire advice.

I have used many, many sets of Michelins on everything from pass. car to RVs to 18-wheeler, and can honestly say I have NEVER had a failure, nor seen these horrendous sidewall cracks some people report.

Tuesday a new set of 22570R19.5 XRVs will arrive at my local dealer to replace same size made 0504 (11 years, 5 months). Good, flat wear , very, very minor surface cracks around the bead near the wheel. ONLY reason they are being replace is age. I don't buy into the marketer-driven stories that tires should be replaced on RVs after 5 or 6 years. Major tire manufacturers state more like 10 years, and I go along with that.
Michelin is more expensive because no one spends as much on R&D. The oriental manufacturers wait for Michelin to make it, then quickly copy it and get it on the market ! ! ! ! !

I love the feel of driving the Michelins, no bouncy out-of-round, no balance problems, and feel provide me with a true sense of security. Believe the additional cost is money well spent.

Observations from my on-hand experience.
arktvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #19

I replaced my tires with Michelin XRV's 27 months ago they are the 19.5's they have about 10,000 miles on them and look brand new. I do cover them and use Areo space 303 on them every couple of weeks ( approved by Michelin) tires still look new. I was wondering if the cracking issue is primarily on the 22.5 tires? I have heard little on cracking complaints on the 19.5 tires.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcovey View Post
Michelin XRV's (245/70-19.5) are 9 years old, so I am ready to replace them. They are in very good condition - no cracking, but with all of the complaints about cracking I am thinking of other brands. I am thinking of Bridgestone and Continental and am looking for feedback from people with these brands. Thanks

Your consideration of Bridgestones and/or Continentals IMHO would be an excellent choice.

We've been using Bridgestones on our 2000 coach now for 13 years with zero problems. Coach originally came with Goodyear G159 245/70 R19.5 tires which I replaced with the Bridgestone R250F series load range "G"

I highly recommend the Bridgestones

Good luck with your choice & safe travels....

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #21
KC

We had Michelin XRV 22.5 on our last RV, no issues with cracking. Love those tire and was very happy when our new RV had same tires. Our RV is stored under cover not in sun! The tires were 10 years old.

KC
Old 09-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #22

Wow! I'm being told that no one has Michelin 235/80R 22.5 XRVs in stock. They are back ordered and not expected for months. I am dead in the water without one, having destroyed one with a suspension problem. Any ideas?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
I would do some more checking on the internet, this tire may be stocked by a vender not tied to any type of inventory system.

Could also check EBAY and Craigslist depending on how desperate you are, might get lucky.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice