Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #29

Be sure to submit copies of everything so far to manufacturer and request warranty clock frozen and reset from delivery date until date yiu have it fixed.

Having a 3 hour round trip to discover the fresh installed pump blowing fuses indicates shoddy work at best.

Doing work your self now is same as paying someone to work on theirs...The unit should have been correct but dealer broke it by leaving water in then broke it again by bad repairs.

Ask the manufacturer to setup something closer as this is just poor performance of the dealer and the factory is not at fault but should be able to do something.

We would be about 2 seconds short of returning it for threat of full refund.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2016, 07:26 AM   #30

I agree with everything you said...it's definitely not the manufacturers fault, and I'm going to be very nice to them when I contact them. I do want them to know however, what kind of company is representing their product. According to the manufacturer website this dealership is the only Gulf Stream dealership wishing a 250 mile search from my zip code. (I would name this company but I'm not sure if forum rules would allow me to)

This place is just plain weird! I picked this unit up the last day of January. I supplied, through email, the payoff information of my trade (bank name, mailing address etc) then also supplied in person copies of new Lien holder information. She called me about ten minutes after I got off the phone with the service manager the other day saying "I forgot to get some important information. I need the payoff information for the trade and the new Lien holder information". Are you serious?! It's been 10 days and you're not even processing this yet?! Then last night I get an email from her with a vin number and some bank in Wisconsin. I replied "what is this?" She replies "it's the vin number and bank of who's financing" I told her she's emailing the wrong person since that is not my vin number...10 mins later she sends "sorry"

I was told when I bought this that the owner of this company is in Florida for the season. I'm hoping to also be in contact with him. hard telling if he even knows what has taken place

Old 02-12-2016, 08:43 AM   #31

Whoa....

Contact your bank holding trade in title NOW!

Be certian that the loan has been cleared as many have posted bad stories of dealers failing to do this in a timely manner and it is your credit that gets hammered.

Be prepared to scan copies of all documents quickly.

Copy yourself on all emails so you have copies.

Request all parties use "reply all" so you have good clear documentation.

As your bank to take action if title not cleared yet.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Whoa....

Contact your bank holding trade in title NOW!

Be certian that the loan has been cleared as many have posted bad stories of dealers failing to do this in a timely manner and it is your credit that gets hammered.

Be prepared to scan copies of all documents quickly.

Copy yourself on all emails so you have copies.

Request all parties use "reply all" so you have good clear documentation.

As your bank to take action if title not cleared yet.
Okay good thought, I will call them today and ask for an email where I can set up a conversation
Old 02-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #33

Damon Owners Club
You dont need the water pump to winterize system but you will need it to pressurize it. Open low point drains on water tank, blow the lines out with air aprox 30 to 40 lbs pressure. Take plug out hot water tank. This should help so it wont get any worse. I would take it back to the dealer so they make sure no lines are ruptured and if there is any they can fix them. If something leaks behind a wall or under the floor it will be bitch to find or fix. Good luck
Old 02-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #34

Today at lunch I decided to try to email the owner of the dealership. Based on the lady's email address that I've been working through, I just put "Jerry" before it and it worked! I wrote out the entire experience from start to finish. I told him I've easily spent $200 in fuel hauling this trailer to their facility yet to still have it unfixed. I also told him how Wednesday I had to make another payment on the trade in since the bank hasn't received payoff yet. Within an hour he replied and apologized for the inconvenience. He also said he will be mailing a check to reimburse me for the $200 of fuel and will also be refunding me my payment that I made Wednesday. I thought it was a nice gesture. The lady called me and talked to me about the water pump. She says they do in fact blow out the water systems rather than use RV antifreeze. She says with the water pump being a simple power negative connection, she thinks there's still water in the pump which has frozen up and kicked the fuse. She says if I choose to look at it myself, and if the pump is bad again,she will send me the pump so I don't have to bring it back to them. Tomorrow, I'm going to put my radiant heater in it(so I don't waste gas) and remove the access panel to the water pump to thaw it out. I figure if I can get the pump to thaw out, I should be able to pump the antifreeze through it

Tags
travel, travel trailer, winter