Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #1

New Valve Stems

I need to do something with the stems so i can install the new TST Monitoring system. Let me quantify this by saying i'm not trying to start a debate on the merits of stems or extensions, fact or myth, etc.

I already have stainless flex extensions on the inner duals that came on the coach and work fine. I can add the flow through sensors right to those without worry. The problem is this;
  • Outer dual has a stem that points in as many do
  • Fronts have a short stem that does not come through hand hole and doesn't point directly towards hole so I can't put the sensor on that either.
My concerns are the weight of the flow throughs on un-supported stems or extensions. Has anyone replaced their stems with longer units and added flow throughs? I know i could probably add 135 degree extensions to the rear outers and add the sensors but they may flex. I could do the same in the front with a short offset extension but it may be the same issue.

Les Schwab says for $25 a tire plus stems they'll change them out to longer brass units, just worried aqbout the weight. Do they make the rubber insert to support them like the alcoa units for steel wheels?
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had dually stems installed on my Sunstar in the rear and Longer curved (forgot angle) on front. Took care of my problem and the TST TPMS worked like a charm.
Dually valve kits for Motor-homes, Busses and 6-wheeled chassis
Old 03-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Razzman: I just installed the 507 on our CC Inspire with 22.5 wheels and the flow thru sensors are very stable. I made the decision (good or bad) that I did not want the sensors hanging out of the fronts or inner rears so we used short valve stems from Meyers Tire Supply to do just that. The only problem will be if I have a bad sensor the wheel has to be removed. On the outside duals we used a short 90 degree with the sensor and everything seems ok after 600 mile trip.

I had help from the RV shop who made sure the tire installer did the right thing and I'll bet Les Schaub can help you. You might want to take this opportunity to toss the flex lines from the inner duals.

Just my opinion
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote