Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Which would you choose? Newell or Prevost?
Newell 26 36.62%
Prevost 24 33.80%
Other 21 29.58%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairajays View Post
Here is the question.

"So here is the poll... Which would you buy today if you had the opportunity? Money is not an issue. We are not talking about value, cost or prestige. Just raw machine."

With these parameters, why in the world world anyone get a Foretravel or Blue Bird instead of a Prevost?

Jim E
Have you ever been in top of the line of either They are my dream coachs
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Have you ever been in top of the line of either They are my dream coachs
I have been in a new Bluebird, Newell, Foretravel and Marathon Prevost. They are all very very nice and i would like to own any one of them, but the Marathon Prevost is the pinnacle of motor coaches.

Jim E
Pairajays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
What's a Power House Coach?

Jim E
A VERY HIGH end Class B. That's Luxury Motor Coaches by PowerHouse Coach
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Prevost would be hard to beat.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
They are both nice Coaches, but all NEW coaches are nice. Any coach builder can make a RV look beautiful and the more HIGH end products you put into the coach the HIGHER the price tag and the bigger the repair bill.
There are many coaches out there that I would take at a much cheaper price that are just as good, if not better.
I like the post of buying a $100,00-200,000 range coach of your choice and buying a ranch, but everyone should be able to Dream about their "DREAM COACH".
I do not and never have gone into either brand of coach as the DW comes out of them all the time saying that coach over there is nicer, it's just her opinion.
I"m just a Mushroom, she keeps me in the Dark and feeds me BS.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #34

We have some friends that bought a used Newell. After going through it, IMHO, it's over the top, too much glitz and flash, crystal and glass. If somebody was going to give me that much money, I'd buy a luxury coach in the $300k to $500k range and keep the rest.
Blaster 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster 22 View Post
We have some friends that bought a used Newell. After going through it, IMHO, it's over the top, too much glitz and flash, crystal and glass. If somebody was going to give me that much money, I'd buy a luxury coach in the $300k to $500k range and keep the rest.
I think if you could spend 1 or 2 million on a MH home you wouldn't buy one for $300K to $500K. If you only had 1 or 2 million to last the rest of your life you wouldn't spend $300K to $500K on a MH. The post didn't say "if someone gave you a million dollars would you buy a Prevost or Newell".

Jim E
Old 08-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
My reasons for choosing Prevost over Newell is the same as mentioned above concerning what the chassis (it’s normally a commercially built vehicle that has passed all the DOT specs for a commercial passenger vehicle) has gone through. But, then again, if I was in the same class as those who spend 1,2 or 3 million on a MH, my preferences would likely be driven by different forces. At my coach class, money spent is far more important and I would place a lot more emphasis on something solid. Whereas, someone in a much higher class may only care about what the need in the immediate and short-term investment goals.
My choice was: Prevost between the two provided. I don't know anything about other coaches in the same class.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman_777 View Post
My reasons for choosing Prevost over Newell is the same as mentioned above concerning what the chassis (it’s normally a commercially built vehicle that has passed all the DOT specs for a commercial passenger vehicle) has gone through. But, then again, if I was in the same class as those who spend 1,2 or 3 million on a MH, my preferences would likely be driven by different forces. At my coach class, money spent is far more important and I would place a lot more emphasis on something solid. Whereas, someone in a much higher class may only care about what the need in the immediate and short-term investment goals.
My choice was: Prevost between the two provided. I don't know anything about other coaches in the same class.
There are none in the same class.

Jim E
Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #38

Quote:
I think if you could spend 1 or 2 million on a MH home you wouldn't buy one for $300K to $500K. If you only had 1 or 2 million to last the rest of your life you wouldn't spend $300K to $500K on a MH. The post didn't say "if someone gave you a million dollars would you buy a Prevost or Newell".

Jim E
What do you mean "I think if you could spend 1 or 2 million on a MH home you wouldn't buy one for $300K to $500K??" I already said what I would do. I don't like either one (for the reasons stated) and would not buy either one...I chose the last option on the poll, "other."
Blaster 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #39

Newell for me. I have been in both and believe the Provost has a little price with the name alone.
Mvlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster 22 View Post
What do you mean "I think if you could spend 1 or 2 million on a MH home you wouldn't buy one for $300K to $500K??" I already said what I would do. I don't like either one (for the reasons stated) and would not buy either one...I chose the last option on the poll, "other."
If someone offered you a Marathon Prevost conversion at no cost, you would turn it down and ask for something in the $300K to $500k range. Is that what you are saying?

Jim E
Old 08-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #41

This its getting entertaining to read!

STUFF IN THE GARAGE: F150, ChevyII Pro Street, Roush Mustang
Jus Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #42

My choice wold be Foretravel of any vintage, of course I am prejudiced as I am on my third one.
Gary B
95foretravel is offline   Reply With Quote