Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #1

Newmar versus Entegra

Good Evening Everyone

Been a while since I've posted here. Last time I asked for advise for service and took your advise. We were VERY Happy with the outcome. NIRVC is an awesome company to deal with!!

Now my next question is about comparison between Newmar and Entegra.

We received an e-mail from Brett with NIRVC about their upcoming rally in Apr. 2017. I started looking for information about that rally and was reading post here about a past rally, and in those post there was a lot of talk about the Entegra coach line. I started looking and have now got my interest peeked.

What I would like to know is which Newmar coach compare's to the Entegra Cornerstone?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
bandit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
London Air is the direct competition according to what I've found from Newmar dealers.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:49 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Never owned either one, but IMHO, it's Newmar by a landslide.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Not owned an Entegra but 2 Newmars. 2005 Kountry Star was a Gem, Almost. Running lites leaked. easy fix.Had a 3 yr warrentee and waited till the end to get minor stuff done. Was 39 dp, great turning radius. Great brakes, no jake but tranny/engine brake. Rusted bottom out so traded for a gas Canyon star 2013. Nothing but problems and did not keep.

Heard that old man died and son not as QC conscientious. Supposed to be Amish built way back, might have changed to less qualified people. I would go for a used Dutch Star in good shape 2007, when one piece windshield came out.

Have a 2010 Allegro Bus now but has too many eletronic stuuf foe me.
capecodbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #5

We have owned 2 Ehtegra's a 13 Aspire DEQ and a 16 Anthem 44B. Both coaches have been just great. Never an issue regarding service and warranty issues. I looked at Newmar and realize they make a quality coach but the folks at Entegra as well as the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty made it a no brainer for our situation. Can't go wrong with either company. You will have issues no matter what you get and the test is how the company handles these issues and you as a customer. Our experience has been flawless. If we buy a third it will be another Entegra for sure.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Didn't Thor buy out Jayco/Entegra ?

Having had a Thor product, that pushed me a way a lot

Myabe Thor won't incluence them too quickly, so you may have time to get a good one...
Old 09-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #7

As far as I can see so far there have been no changes after Thor bought Entegra. Can't blame the owners for selling out at a high point. The staff all remain in place and service has not been impacted. I would not lose any sleep over the purchase at all. I am sure they now have more leverage in the market regarding purchasing materials etc.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #8

Newmar versus Entegra

If I could rub nuff coins together, a Newmar with my selection of options and my own custom floor plan (only available by Newmar) would happen!
Keep in mind that warranty is a part of the cost/price quotient. It's in the soup!
Best wishes
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:32 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Both good coaches and similarly constructed. Newmar London Aire competes against Cornerstone (and I chose the latter). Could have gone either way...better deal with the trade of a 13 Entegra for the Cornerstone. That, Spartan chassis, and 2 year warrantee made the difference with me, but I could go either way. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Just did plant tours at both Entegra and Newmar. I thought they did a better job on the structure at Entegra. They really beef up the chassis and floors are super thick, and no tile until all walls are installed. Newmar lets you customize and Entegra does not. I like both, but I don't like that folding door 1/2 bathroom in some Newmars. Do a plant tour and then decided.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #11

Looked at and test drove a Dutch Star which we really liked. Bought an Anthem for less and got more. The service after the sale has been exceptional. Entegra president Tadd Jenkins followed me to an RV park in July to introduce himself and thank us for buying Entegra. A few weeks later at the Big Ski rally he told me if they could not repair my problem that day, he would loan us a new coach for the rest of our summer tour of the Pacific Northwest. The repair was accomplished as promised. Now I'm hooked on Entegra!
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #12

Thanks for everyones input.

We really like the Newmar line. We're in our second Newmar now. I'm sure we will stay with them when we start looking for our next one.

We have never looked at the Entegra line, but saw alot of post here about them and as I said it peaked my interest. We watched a couple you-tube videos on the Cornerstone. Pretty Impressive!!

I hear that the NIRVC rally in April will have some there. We may attend then and take a look at them, but don't know if they can sway us away from our Essex. Thinking the next one may have to be a King Aire!

Again Thanks to everyone! Its nice to be able to ask a question and get honest opinions.
bandit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:06 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
You know...the KA is very nice (as is the Essex), it has a lot of glitz and I like the high gloss finishes (unlike some folks). If you can afford it...good choice, but for the money, you get everything except for the glitz in the Cornerstone at a MSRP somewhere around $300k less. That's a nice built out lot in the nicest RV parks around the US plus some (or a ski condo in Colorado). For a depreciating assets, this I'd spend my cash a little differently. FWIW, visited with a new Cornerstone drive (2017) who traded his 2012 KA and loves his new ride and the dollars saved.

But pls don't misunderstand, the KA is one nice machine and home for on the road!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We walked in a ton of RVs. The high gloss shiney finishes is a huge turn off for me. Newmars looked cheap to me. Entegra is now a Thor product although that didn't come into play with our decision. The Entegras were beautiful and well built with very high end feel and touches. However, close it up as you are driving down the road and it appears that it was designed by pygmys. Very tight and cramped. The half bath was impossible to get into even if we could get to it. On top of poorly thought out design, I learned in an earlier thread that for 300k plus a surge protector or TPMS are not standard equipment. No thanks.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, newmar