Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
next exit vs exit now.

Does any one use Next Exit or Exit now. I want to buy one or the other unless they have different information. I don't want to collect a lot of paper. Does anyone use either or both of these. Would having both help me or just give me duplicate info. Exit now is 20 dollare. Next exit is 13.45. Or is there a better one. I am new to this and plan to use a lot of electronic travel guided, All stays, etc. I have decided that i will only use ad supported sites,not sites I have to pay for. There are just too many and they have to have duplicate info so why pay multiple sites for the same info. But I would like a paper backup. Any suggestions.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
American Coach Owners Club
we use and enjoy the Next Exit
papa&susu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #3

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa&susu View Post
we use and enjoy the Next Exit
We are using Exit Now this year don't see any difference.
Jim
jim and di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We use the Next Exit, but it only gives info on major interstates. I now use my cellphone with a Gas Buddy (App) to find fuel prices in upcoming towns.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Community Administrator

We have a gas rig and have next exit. It has rv friendly gas stations in red print however that is little use to us as most are not friendly to gassers. Wish they would specify.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
I am into 'information overload' so I have both the Exit Now and The Next Exit.

I have used Next Exit for years and am used to the format. All highways in one state are together. Places to overnight (Flying J, WalMart) are listed in red. Tells you if a WalMart is E or W of the highway or N or S. Drawback is for long cross country trips, as you go from state to state on the same highway, you have to find the same interstate in another part of the book. Facilities at exist tend to be jumbled together in one paragraph.

Exit Now is spiral bound so it sits open a little easier. There are also tabs provided to mark highways along your trip. It is organized by interstate so if you are driving on I-80 from NJ to CA, you just follow along in one section of the book. However, if you want your navigator to quickly tell you what is at the next exit on I-80 in Iowa, she has to find Iowa in the middle of the I-80 pages. Exit Now is much more color coded but WalMart are only bolded so don't stand out as much. Facilities are listed in column order.

Since I'm doing the driving, I don't have a preference. DW perfers the Next Exit because she knows what to look for when it is late and we want to find that next WalMart.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #7

Have used both of them and prefer Exit Now. Like the spiral bounding and the way they layout the interstate highways.
Don
Donr827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
My GPS will search for many different POI's what is at the next exit if I turn it on.

I find that is much better then trying to look at a book at the same time while driving.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
we have used them both. Same information in each. Perfer Exit Now
Old 07-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We use several apps on the phone. All the ones I have are the Android versions and they were free. Not sure what they are called for the iPhone or how much they would be.
AAA - They have 3 (Discounts, Roadside and TripTik) and no you do not have to be a member to use most of the features.
Passport America - Not only shows you CGs and what the price is for PA but it also gives you what the price is without the discount and what they have
SaniDump - Shows you where most of the dump sites are around you but also lets you know how much they might cost or if they are free
My DAT Truck Stop - Shows most of the rest areas, walmarts and truck stops and what the prices are
Love's Truck Stop - shows the prices and discounts they might have at that time
TV Antenna - let's you know the closest regular antenna locations in case your sat wont or cant work
GasBuddy - another way to check for fuel prices
AroundMe - lets you look for different things around your location like bars, stores etc
There are a few others like 3 different books readers and a few games and things like that
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We use Next Exit and like it fine. That said, I generally use apps and/or the Internet. The book is best for knowing what is at a particular exit but the apps/Internet works well for finding things down the road. I think the company supported apps and websites are also more up to date.
cliff841 is offline   Reply With Quote