Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #1

NeXus RV

Anyone own a NeXus RV? I'd love some info and feedback from any current owners.

Thanks,

Lane
Laneb777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #2

Wink Love our Nexus

We got very lucky last year and found our new (to us), 2012 Phantom 23P with just 6,200 miles (8.8 hours on the generator), for almost $20,000 less than a new one. Being a smallish, somewhat new company, there simply aren't very many used ones out there but prior to finding ours I was an eyelash away from flying to Elkhart IN to pick up a new one.

I have visited the their factory (home), operation twice and have been nothing but impressed with the high quality of their line up and the way they do business. Despite not buying from them and being well out of warranty they treated us like royalty and stepped up addressing several issues with little or no charge.

They sell factory direct which saves the buyer a lot of money but it also necessitates active participation by the buyer. You will need to work closely with Nexus and plan on at least two trips to Elkhart, one to consummate your purchase and the second to take delivery after a very thorough PDI. They will customize your coach just about anyway you want it but knowing exactly what you want is essential.

The quality of Nexus is some of the best in the industry. Standard features include steel framing, one piece fiberglass roof and end caps, heated tanks, electric awning, and top of the line appliances to name just a few. Spend some time on their website, check the specifications and take note of all that comes standard. The biggest complaint I have heard is that they don't always have the floor plan some folks are seeking.

Yes I am biased but after 18,000+ trouble free miles in less than a year and having been treated so well I can come to no other conclusions. Feel free to PM me if you would like further information.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV

Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought a 28 foot Phantom in July, 2011 and have enjoyed it. We did not want a slide out(our old Safari did not have one), and do a lot of primitive camping, so the Nexus techs installed a 12oo watt inverter and 2 cabin batteries. This has worked out well for us. We are leaving tomorrow for Dolly Sods, in West Virginia for a 2 week stay. It is primitive camping and we have gone there for 10 years now. it's not easy to get to, but very different camping than if you stay around interstates or amusement areas. There are only 10 sites at the Red Creek campground(U.S. Forest Service) and we go there to help out with the migratory bird count each year.
longtom1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #4

We bought our 2013 Phantom 28P in may, it was slightly used (2600 miles) and have put over 3000 trouble free miles on it. Quality is outstanding and we have not encountered any defects or failures that I read about on the forums with new RV's. We really like the walk around queen bed and front entertainment center in ours. I would highly recommend Nexus.
BigD629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #5

My Nexus Phantom 31P came with 8500 miles. I selected it for its steel frame. Also, my pet peeve is the flowery patterns on most rv upholstery and the Nexus had earthy colors with no patterns.

My one complaint is that I believe my AC unit was not installed properly. The cool air ducts put half the air directly back into the return. Also, I get decent air flow from the far registers on each end but very little mid cabin. I live in Texas so this is important. Even with this issue the AC does cool the cabin except in the middle of the day with no shade.

Everything else is great about this unit and you may wonder why I wanted the steel frame. This rv does not have that uneasy flex and sway and feels very solid on the road.
Jesigler is offline   Reply With Quote