Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nightmare at Camping World

I thought the title of this post was appropriate as this is the perfect description of my recent service at Campers World. 2 Saturdays ago I brought my 2016 Winnebago Itasca Meridian in to have a satellite dish installed and to repair a few warranty related issues. I was told that the work would be done in a week and to pick it up on Saturday. I called on Thursday and the service tech told me that he wasn't sure if the work was done and he would call me back within the hour. Well the hour came and went and so did the rest of the day without a call. I called the next day and was told the the work is not done and when I asked him to tell me what wasn't done he didn't have an answer. Im not making this up and it gets more bizarre. So I wait until this past Wednesday to call again and I am leaving voice mails for this service tech who doesn't call me back. I call the main number again and the really nice receptionist who sympathizes with me says that she will connect me with another service supervisor and so I now speak to another "supervisor" who proceeds to tell me that he will see whats going on and get back to me. He calls me yesterday to say that all the work was completed and that I can pick the unit up on Saturday. You would think that was it but think again. I get a voice mail message from the original service supervisor today to say that it is not ready but he doesn't know what work remains. Now I call the lovely receptionists again who is apologizing to me and says that she is going to connect me to the "Service Manager" and of course we go back into voice mail. The message I left was a clear indication that I have never in my life experienced such incompetence and I need a call back from someone who knows what they are doing. And now the store is closed and no one has yet to call me back. I have friends that have similar stories from other dealerships. RV sales are at an all-time high and these dealers are not appropriating enough service techs to keep up with the sales and the consumer suffers.

Tom n Nancy, 2016 Itasca 40R, 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Chessie and Travis "The Pups"
Trynforpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
I would guess the best way to find what is going on is to go down to the store.

cwit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
All to common of a story and I have been through the same crap with an RV dealer. I have learned to give one chance and then when that does not work for me I go in person and speak to management. I will not screw around and be jerked around at any of these lame brain businesses ever again. If at all possible, I will never take my coach to one of these places again, I fix it myself. Service advisers or supervisors is just a name for an incompetent clown from my experiences.
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C towing a Jeep TJ Wrangler
530ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the "wonderful" world of Camping World!

I had a similar experience with them: no return calls, parts received but told they weren't in yet, etc. And I just had a minor warranty repair.

I finally made headway with them when I called Winnebago's customer service (Bill and Thomas there were great helps) and they put the fire under Camping World's butt. I suggest you do the same. Just don't call on Mondays, they are extremely busy and expect long wait times for a representative to answer.

I will never go there again for any kind of service. There's a reason why there are 50+ customer rigs sitting in their yard.

Good luck!
2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
I had a similar issue with them years ago.

I had some slide toppers installed, and purchased the extended waranty on Peg's advice. So, awhile later, one of the slide covers went bad. I took the unit to CW gave them all the documentation pertaining to the installation and waranty.

Make a long story short, it took me over two months to get someone to even acknowledge me. Not repair it, not make a decision on whether it was covered or not, just acknowledge that I was there. I made several trips a week to the store, and each time, the person I talked to last time was not there, no longer working for CW, or on vacation. I even talked with Marcas (sp), the CEO of the entire corperation, and he got involved big time, and it still was like pulling teeth just to get someone to deal with this.

They did a fine job installing the covers, and when they finally got around to it, they did a great job replacing the damaged one, but good grief, what a hassle.

Ken Gasbarri
Be Of Good Cheer!!!
DraginRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #6
Is campers world the same store as camping world?
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Yes, correct name is Camping World:

RV Supplies, RV Accessories & RV Parts for Motorhomes, Travel Trailers - Camping World
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #8
American Coach Owners Club
[I]When are YOU going to Learn that Camping World is for Newby's that have no Clue what they are are doing in 1st place !
Just look at all of the complaints on Here !/I]
Brownsburg Indiana
1992 American Eagle
NHRA225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
[I]When are YOU going to Learn that Camping World is for Newby's that have no Clue what they are are doing in 1st place !
Just look at all of the complaints on Here !/I]

Just the other day, I told my wife & brother that 80% of the comments on here about CW are negative. And seems like 99% of the comments about PPL are positive.
That's one of the reasons I chose to do business with PPL in Houston vs. CW right here in OKC.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #10
Same old story! Try to find the Profit or is that useless Marcus Lamont. The leader of Camping World needs to straighten out his own company sometime. Dave
Tiffin 32CA 2012
2007 Jeep Liberty
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #11
The quandary I had was two out of three did not return a phone call to schedule work. Third one did and did a reasonable job, all things considered. Then they dropped their CW affiliation. ;-)
nothermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #12
Country Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by cwit View Post
I would guess the best way to find what is going on is to go down to the store.
Yup, plus get the keys and drive off, work completed or not
2002 Country Coach Intrigue
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #13
I've had positive results at a regular RV repair shop. They want your business and give excellent service.
'14 RAM Longhorn,DRW,4x4,CC, LB, 4.10, Aisin, 70gal underbed fuel tank.
Lifestyle 36FW, 8000lb axles, disk brakes, 19,100lbs
Andersen AL Ultimate hitch
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:40 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I haven't gone to Camping World since a brake recall, years ago. Wouldn't waste my time. So many places to get good service and parts cheaper. I had ordered a furnace part three years ago, never came. I drive by and laugh, what a joke.

Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote