Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #127

SOON they will come searching for bacon and eggs because the smell may offend someone. oh and they will have to confiscate any fire wood just incase you were thinking of making a smoky fire. I might have to leave a camp ground, but it will be a cold day in he** before someone comes and searches my cooler and or frig in MY camper.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2019, 06:38 PM   #128

Those who are attracted to a campground or park because of a no alcohol policy have a right see policy enforced--it's what they're paying for. Those who choose to use such a place have no business complaining that they can't drink or that they have to drink sneakily, like teenagers.

It's not as if denying one the ability to drink alcohol is denying one's basic rights, it's not Jim Crow.
JpalmerCass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:11 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
SOON they will come searching for bacon and eggs because the smell may offend someone. oh and they will have to confiscate any fire wood just incase you were thinking of making a smoky fire. I might have to leave a camp ground, but it will be a cold day in he** before someone comes and searches my cooler and or frig in MY camper.
Jay D.
Pa has a law you cant bring in firewood from out of state because of pests in the wood.
c farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:12 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierrun View Post
Not a State Park, but located in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (PA) is Dingman's Campround operated by a concessionaire. They have a very strict policy of no alcohol (even possession). You are made aware of their policy before signing your camping permit. After you sign, campground officials may come to your site and search your coolers. If they find anything, it is confiscated and you must vacate the premises with no refund. Furthermore, they have the right to issue a citation for which you will have to pay a fine. I see many complaints on Travel Adviser. I have stayed there and never will again. It is way over priced, even with the 50% senior pass, and the facilities are not great (rather old and rundown).

https://www.dingmanscampground.com/hiking
Opinions and experiences vary... I last stayed there in 2017 and everything was fine. Facilities were dated but clean, This an underfunded National Park not a corporate RV resort. Staff was very nice and our camping was discounted with our Senior Pass. I left both my wine and my mouth unopened so no one had any reason to harass me. I'm staying there again on my way back from Maine this summer.

IMO, If someone can't endure or enjoy themselves for a day or 3 without consuming alcohol or cannabis (I like both) they have some personal issues they need to deal before leaving home.

Tags
campground