Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #15

Alcohol factoid: If the 90th percentile of alcohol drinkers cut their consumption to the amount consumed by the 80th percentile, sales of beverage alcohol would drop almost 40%.

The good news is that folks who discretely enjoy their adult beverages are seldom the ones to cause public scenes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Sitting in a state park right now drinking a beer. Dont advertise it, and dont act like a clown, be an adult and it will be fine. A yeti sure does help!!
Old 05-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Texas state parks have a rule against public consumption of alcohol, not an outright ban. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say Texas Federal Parks.

Thanks for the catch. Federal parks located in Texas. Generally US Army Corps of Engineers (COE) parks rules state no alcohol.
Jerrilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:19 PM   #18

Illinois and Wisconsin do not have the restrictions where I've camped. I'm not a big drinker but it is vacation time and time to relax have a few drinks.

I think park rangers are too busy to inspect each camp but like a previous poster said it gives them the legal right to kick out the drunken rowdies if required.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New Mexico State Parks also have the signage up. Like many other I will have a drink or two in unmarked cups either inside or outside. Rangers are much too busy to check for such activity. If you can't keep it under control you will probably encounter a problem with a ranger. Like many other laws and rules, they not enforced, but can be invoked if desired by LOEs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #20

At lake Ray Robert's in Texas I have seen the park ranger issue a citation to the yahoos that had bottled beer, without coozies, and like six empties on the picnic table right next to the public beach.

These guys should have had a sign that read "please give me a citation ".
I watched all this go down with my red solo cup filled with my favorite adult beverage.

Conceal your drink. If you just enjoy everything in moderation and don't be a Yahoo you'll be fine.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
I have seen the signs and we still enjoy a drink or two in our coach or our camp site. Just don't be a jerk about it, be responsible and you will be fine.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
It's a great tool for dealing with loud obnoxious folks, as in that situation there is often alcohol involved. Having that rule gives the authorities a clear cut reason for booting the trouble-makers from the park.

I've never been bothered just sitting outside enjoying a beer.
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:01 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
We've seen the signs on a few occasions - simply made sure that we kept any "contraband beverages" out of sight - and have never had an issue. I suspect like many rules - they've been promulgated and posted so that park management has bit of ready made leverage if/when a campsite becomes one of those sites.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Not allowed in Washington State
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #25

Add all Indiana state properties to the no alcohol list, including boating. Indiana state conservation officers are dedicated to their job.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyman View Post
Illinois and Wisconsin do not have the restrictions where I've camped. I'm not a big drinker but it is vacation time and time to relax have a few drinks.

I think park rangers are too busy to inspect each camp but like a previous poster said it gives them the legal right to kick out the drunken rowdies if required.
Wisconsin state and federal parks usually ban open consumption of alcohol. Don't most places, parks or not, ban public consumption of alcohol?
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:34 PM   #27

On Lake Powell in N AZ on any holiday weekend the LEOs sometimes come out in the late afternoon at the marina boat launch and they write DUIs for many many of the boats arriving to pull out. Its insane here on those weekends. "Blow in here please!" :-) We don't go near the lake on holiday weekends. 20,000 Phoenicians show up from down south.

I've seen 100 cases of beer loaded on one houseboat for a 7 day trip.

Like everyone has said, don't be an idiot and you won't be bothered!
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:11 PM   #28

Well the first thing is if it’s the law don’t break it. Okay now the reality it’s no different then any open container law as long as you aren’t being an a$$ about it you usually won’t have any problems.
elite wa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground