Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #1

No City Water from Faucets

I've been reading the forums about this issue and haven't seen one with exactly the same issue i'm having. My problem may be from inadequate winterizing but now when I connect the city water, it won't come out the faucets. After first connecting, it did ok at the kitchen faucet but not the bathroom. I turned on the hot water heater and let it run for a bit. Then when I went back to the faucets...nothing...from anywhere! So, I thought I'd check the water heater. I turned it off, drained it and then turned the city water back on with the plug off and it flowed right through. Put the plug back in, turned the city water back on...nothing!
Thanks for any help!
Duffey
Duffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!!

What kind of RV do you have and what makes you think that it is a freezing issue?
Old 12-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #3

Does toilet flush?

IS this an flow issue on cold & hot or just hot?

If just HOT.....then check valve in water heater tank hot out has failed/clogged up

IF cold & hot flow issue....remove aerators from end of faucets, turn faucets on/flush lines and clean aerators

If 'frozen' is the issue....open bottom cabinet doors at night so heat from furnace can circulate thru cabinets
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:20 PM   #4

I have a 1994 Class C. I'm just assuming that freezing could be the culprit because I was in Pennsylvania when the temps got in the teens and all I did was drain everything (other than put the antifreeze in the drains).
Old 12-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #5

Also are you getting water to your tanks from the supply if you try and fill them?

Tom
Old 12-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #6

Ahhh! Toilet DOES flush! Let me check the aerators.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #7

Looks like the aerators are the problem! Thanks so much!
Old 12-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #8

No City Water from Faucets

Had the same issue after winterizing the first time. Bits of plastic from when they drill the water tank fittings broke loose and clogged the aerators.
There was a mechanic at the campground I stayed at who was kind enough to tell me what I needed to check before he came up and started the charge back clock. Sure enough I cleaned out bits of white plastic and they were working again.
It was frustrating but what an education I had for free.
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water