Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #1

No Electrical Power to trailor plug

First off,I have been lurking on this forum for 3 months trying to learn everything I can about our new (to us) 2000 dutchstar mh.Wow everyone is just great on this forum.Thanks for everyone's effort.
We are on the road to AZ and have a problem with the lights that go to the toad.
I found all the fuse panels and have replaced blown fuses but there is still no power from the pigtail plug on the mh going to the toad for the lights.
I found wires in the pigtail that were loose, that runs from the motorhome to the toad. Tightened those.
Is there a fuse for the mh pigtail?
What am I missing here?
Thanks for whatever guidance you can give me.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #2

Yes there is a designated fuse for the pigtail. usually located in the outside fuse panel and NOT on the chassis fuse panel as this is usually added by the coach manufacture.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You didn't mention what chassis the MH is built on. If it is a Freightliner chassis then there will most likely be a fuse panel near the rear of the coach in one of the rear compartments. It may even be behing a panel. The fuse panel was on the Freightliner chassis when it arrived at the coach manufacturer, however where it is located was up to the manufacturer.

While not the same coach as you, the chassis in the thread Brake light fuse location 2005 Revolution is a Freightliner.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #4

I have a spartan chassis. I realize now that I should have posted this to the Newmar Forum....
I'm learning!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AME Colorado View Post
I have a spartan chassis. I realize now that I should have posted this to the Newmar Forum....
I'm learning!
Sorry, I have no experience on a spartan chassis... However, since you have checked all fuses in the normal locations you might check around the rear compartments and look for some small boxes that might have fuses under the cover

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, power