Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We live in Southwestern Indiana right on the Illinois border. I got out Friday, it snowed on us off and on all afternoon, brrr.

We lived in Texas 30 years and moved back home to Indiana. Part wayly because of MIL's age and getting alzenheimers we think. It's early yet so
I'm still going, at some point a nursing home but hoping for her sake several years away.
I'm having an awful time readapting to the cold. I don't like it and this year has been awful. I'm on my way to Arizona. Hubby on this project is working in Angola and is in the 90's there, he always ends up somewhere warm.

In Pleasant Hill, Texas tonight at a KOA campground, not bad, 41 and to be 66 tomorrow so I hear.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #16

Russell,

If you have time, go soak at the Faywood Hot Springs. It is about 20 miles from Deming towards Silver City. City of Rocks State park is interesting also.

halfwright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
Russell, If you have time, go soak at the Faywood Hot Springs. It is about 20 miles from Deming towards Silver City. City of Rocks State park is interesting also.
Going the hot springs & cliff dwellings today.

Thanks Russell
Old 01-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #18

Oh come on. The polar vector #2
Maybe that will come in for the Super bowl in N
Old 01-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ummm...it's 52 degrees at 7500 feet in SW Colorado right now....

pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #20

78 in Florence Az now. It not right I know but I'm enjoying it. !!

Russell
Old 01-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis3 View Post
Had a fun weekend getting the snow off the roof of our trailer on our vacation property around Gaylord Mi. The guy that normally plows our driveway had a transmission failure this week so we had to walk in about 2 feet of snow to get to our trailer. It took about 2 hours to get most of the snow off. Started with the snow rake but ended up getting a ladder an plastic shovel. The average snowfall up here for this time of year is normally around 80 inches but this year so far it is 135 inches. Crazy weather
Just sold my place about 5 miles SE of town this fall. We used it for snowmobiling mostly. Great times for a lot of years! Had a pretty good sized tractor with a 7' snow blower on it to keep that place clear. I think if you look, average snowfall is closer to 150" a season for that area? It's sitting smack dab in the middle of a snow belt running through that area.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sitting here in Upstate, SC (Oconee county 2 different parks both below 1,000 feet above sea level) I have yet to see snow.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis3 View Post
Had a fun weekend getting the snow off the roof of our trailer on our vacation property around Gaylord Mi. The guy that normally plows our driveway had a transmission failure this week so we had to walk in about 2 feet of snow to get to our trailer. It took about 2 hours to get most of the snow off. Started with the snow rake but ended up getting a ladder an plastic shovel. The average snowfall up here for this time of year is normally around 80 inches but this year so far it is 135 inches. Crazy weather
I would not want your snow and cold, but could you send California some of your water?
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sitting here in Central FL it's been pretty chilly lately and is supposed to be for the next week but still not what it is back home. (MI) We'll ride out the chilly weather as I'm sure it will warm up soon. We do feel bad for our kids back home though. It doesn't bother our son to bad but the daughter doesn't even want to talk about it anymore.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
will try to get to the hot springs before we get to far out of the area, sounds great.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #26
bjo

Airduds
were in Greenbay? what you going to be doing? I live in GA
and my Cuz lives in Gbay She tells me all the time how cold is there
and the snow I tell her I wont to come visit in the snow but don't no
if I take that reallllllllll cold winter. take care on the drive up from ice ect

BJ/Georgia Girl
bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:42 AM   #27

We're in a little town called Two Rivers, about 40 mi sw of GB right on the lake. We spent last Monday night in Merrillville, IN. in 14 F and snow with no probs but our plumbing bay froze on the drive from there to Two Rivers and wouldn't thaw out even though our bays are heated. We've temporarily given up and moved into an apartment. RV place here has our mh indoors (just took it Friday) and is going to thaw it out, fix any busts, and then put some type of auxiliary heating in so we can move back to the campground.

3 F as I write this and predicting -14 F tomorrow night.

I spent a good number of my early years in Albany, Douglas, Vidalia, and Swainsboro, GA. my mother still lives in Emanuel County.
2003 Country Coach Magna Haven #6190 Cat C-12
airduds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Thanks, that is our back yard in Port Charlotte, Florida. We had a Tiki hut built two years ago and last summer completed the project with pavers and hook ups for the new Phaeton.
We spend a lot of time out back at our little "resort"
If you would like other pictures feel free to email me.
hey don/nancy im abt 1hr away, on pine island, u didn't tell them last week we had 35 degrees. hehehe.