Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2017, 07:26 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I think most campgrounds realize that if they went no pets they would miss out on a lot of potential customers and sometimes their friends to.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:27 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Everyone who owns dogs, always says the pick up after them and keep them on a leash, thats great.

But I would rather step in a pyle of dog doo doo, than hear the dog bark every time I walk past it or step out of my RV.

I believe I understand where the OP is coming from.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #17

The Jamestown campground in Pennsylvania. A state campground has a loop for pet owners.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #18

I'm not aware of a list of no pet parks, but lately I've seen a lot of larger campgrounds have both pet and non pet areas
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:45 AM   #19

No Grumpy Old Men RV Parks

So is there an app that shows the "No Grumpy Old Men" RV parks?

So tired of listening to the howling and complaining.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:17 AM   #20

In no way am I complaining or making negative remarks toward pet owners. If you are a bad pet owner there are many other people (including pet owners) and places where that has discussed profusely. I don't generally have any problems being around well behaved pets and would not want to exclude myself from meeting some very nice people who are pet owners. However, there are occasions when I simply want the peace and quiet that comes from no barking in the middle of the night or for that matter kids yelling and screaming. Isn't that the kind of reason that parents take a break and leave the kids or pets with their parents for the weekend
scrowell52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCrowell View Post
In no way am I complaining or making negative remarks toward pet owners. If you are a bad pet owner there are many other people (including pet owners) and places where that has discussed profusely. I don't generally have any problems being around well behaved pets and would not want to exclude myself from meeting some very nice people who are pet owners. However, there are occasions when I simply want the peace and quiet that comes from no barking in the middle of the night or for that matter kids yelling and screaming. Isn't that the kind of reason that parents take a break and leave the kids or pets with their parents for the weekend
Uh huh! It's really sad that we're called "grumpy" when we state something like, there are times when it's nice to get away from yapping dogs their owners somehow tend to tune out.

I guess fulltiming is a bit different from part timing. In our case, we take the motorhome out to get away from the urban noise. Where we go, we don't expect to hear a bunch of carp coming from disrespectful neighbors. Unfortunately, it's happening more and more these days.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:26 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
We just stayed at a park in Lake Havasu that had a No Pet section. It was identified on their map.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
We camp with our 14 year old Havanese and he is part of the family (our only kid). He has helped my wife through some very hard medical problems as her companion. Yes we pick up after him and actually carry extra poop bags for other less considerate owners if we come across them
If you run across us please do stop by and say hi to Chip, he loves company and new people and dogs. In fact he makes friends faster than we do
momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dogs barking would never bother me half as much as the loud drunk party animal types.
markarbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by markarbogast View Post
Dogs barking would never bother me half as much as the loud drunk party animal types.

I disagree . Non stop barking makes me want to join the drunk party animals
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Nothing worse then a small yipping dog and no owner around
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #27
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Many campgrounds have rules about non stop barking dogs. It usually states that the owner will be asked to leave the park. I have never seen this done so the problem goes on.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Fort DeSoto has both pet friendly and no pet loops.

http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/pdf/campground.pdf

Personally, we've done enough camping to understand the OP's question. We don't travel with pets since we got into RV'ing(we've both had pets all our lives)but I guess we are not into the commitment it takes while traveling to properly care for them and still do exactly what we want to do, when we want to do it. It's all about preferences...it's not being grumpy.

Never seen an app for pet friendly or no pets allowed campgrounds.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote