Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
no power from generator

garage is installing electric 7 way towing plug on rear of MH, NOW I HAVE NO POWER COMING FROM GENERATOR, tv, power plugs,microwave, hair dryer dont work, anyone know what happened ? I am fairly new at Class A motorhomes ownership.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #2

John,

There is a circuit breaker on the generator itself close to the start switch. Cycle it off & on to see if it resets. Do you have an automatic transfer switch or do you physically plug into another receptical to get gen power into the coach. Go to the main breaker box in the motor home & make sure the main breaker is not tripped.

That's it! Out of ideas.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
remember i said i was fairly new at class a camping, WELL i have to eat crow, i didnt have plug pluged into generator, I am educated enough i know this is why nothing in Motor home worked, thanks all
PS
EVERYTHING WORKS NOW

Tags
generator, power