Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #1

We are in the market for a new RV and when I see an RV in a dealers or auto trader ad with no price , with the word "call"I just pass it.I posed this question on Rv.net and it got closed after 6 replies all agreeing with me.So I thought I would try again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #2

We are in the market for a new RV and when I see an RV in a dealers or auto trader ad with no price , with the word "call"I just pass it.I posed this question on Rv.net and it got closed after 6 replies all agreeing with me.So I thought I would try again.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #3

As a subtle way of complaining, I suggested to rvtraderonline that they provide a filter to omit those with 'call for price' as an option to the user.

I am not holding breath in anticipation of actually seeing it implemented however.

My signature used to include a link to my personal web-site - - - however:
DavidMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
tqracn,
I agree with you.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #5

I am with you on the "Call for price" ads in anything. If they know what they are asking for the RV, then state it. I have ignored a lot of ads because of this little kicker. I also found in some cases they don't have the rig they want you to call for price on. It a fishing expedition. I learned this when I visited the lot and ask about the one in the ad.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
If they are proud of their price, they will print it in the ad.

2020 - 41' Solitude
rkerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
tgracn and all of you are my heroes for your statements above and I agree with you all one hundred percent. Oh yeah, and that definately goes for rv dealer lots too!

AKBrick
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
I know of a dealer that employs this practice, and you won't get a price when you call. They will do everything they can to get you into the dealership and then apply strong-arm tactics to sell you a unit.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #9

Also why would Rv.net class A forum moderator find this thread offensive? Am I missing something?
Old 12-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #10
doc

Appalachian Campers
Perhaps they are wanting you to 'make us an offer'. May people who are new (I did it!) think that some of these coaches are worth more than what they are. i.e. MSRP not the 30-35% off you can buy for. Last time I was asked to make an offer, I suggested $500 and the sales person changed direction and said they intended to discount the coach, but not that deeply.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tqracn:
Also why would Rv.net class A forum moderator find this thread offensive? Am I missing something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've noticed they do that quite a bit; that's why I came here. Had my first & only post deleted there and still have no idea why
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I've also had threads closed on RV.net, I've pm the moderator and asked why. Never got a response. It has happened on several of the forums but I must say JohnnyT on the class A forum generally doesn't cut things off without a good cause. Maybe one of the other moderators was taking over for the day.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #13

Where it asked for price range, just put in 1.00 to whatever, it eleminates the call for price adds.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #14

I've had some posts removed from RV.Net and they weren't offensive. I think it's a "good ole boys network" over there. They have no patience for newcomers.