Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Turns out the title department at Lazydays is just being lazy. The lender is now actively involved and has assigned a representative to resolve this problem. BofA is perturbed that they put up a bunch of money and haven't been listed as a lien holder on the title. Which means they have no collaterol for their six figure loan. They told me yesterday that the woman who is the Lazydays title clerk has done almost nothing to procure the title from the previous owner. So they're a little pissed off that this has not been resolved in 5 months.
A problem like this is probably not an everyday occurance, but based on my experience with Lazydays so far, I would not recommend doing business with them unless they have a free and clear title on hand to show prospective buyers. This has been a real souring experience and has taken a lot of the joy out of the new RV experience.
GearyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
ELECTRONIC LIEN and TITLE

PLEASE SEE MY EARLIER POST BELOW.....ELT is different than what anyone is used to.

If the seller had a title lien in AZ and the sale was a consignment - the seller never had a title (see below) and neither did his bank...it was only an electronic file generated by the DMV in AZ (with which the lien could be seen/verified on the registration document).

If Lazy Days obtained the RV in trade, they should have submitted a temporary title change...but getting a new paper title would have required an extra fee, paid by the dealer. They probably did not pay for that.

CA does not require a paper title for ELT to ELT transfers....we did this with our RV. The registration document, the sales contract, and the associated papers from the dealer should be taken to the CA DMV.

Once you make registration application at the CA DMV (including notifying DMV of your loan holder) they will tell you if there is any paper work missing...but a paper title was NOT required for our transfer.

And you will NEVER get a paper title from CA if you have a lien -AND - even after pay-off of a lien - no paper Title...unless you make application and pay a fee for a paper copy of the Title. That's just the way it is now. See the attached links (below) for details in AZ and CA.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1...s/howto/htvr10

All this requires that the banks comply with ELT - which BofA in CA does.

Best luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
For Arizona (origin) and California (destination) and some 15 other states...the old "Pink Slip" is becoming a thing of the past...replaced with ELT...see:
Electronic Liens and Titles Program
and
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/eltp

Registration is available to the OP with the sales contract and a trip to the DMV...and your checkbook
The DMV will visually check the VIN, require a SMOG check if applicable, and charge sales tax for the county of registration - along with all the other fees

Don't let your AZ temp tag expire or the DMV will hit you for a fee on that too (out of registration vehicle).

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #17

Sounds like Scarab knows what of he speaks. Perhaps the dealer and maybe even the rep at the bank aren't up on the latest technology. Sounds like something that might need to be looked into. I know paper titles are slowly disappearing around the country. It'll take a little getting used to for us old folks.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #18

When in doubt, start at the top:

Lazy Days
6130 Lazy Days Blvd Seffner FL 33584 (800) 306-4002
William Paul Murnane, Chairman
Randall Lay, CFO and Executive VP

Not providing a title immediately is a serious problem both for you and for the bank. Had you gone bankrupt since you bought the trailer, the RV would be sold and used to pay your secured lenders--and the bank would be unsecured.

You could ask for a flat cancellation on the deal--and make'em pay all expenses you've incurred--including interest charges paid.

And you could demand they replace it with a titled unit worth more than your unit.

Many times, the home offices of slam and jamb rv and auto dealerships are unaware of such situations in process. Chairmen of big companies don't like negative visibility.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearyB View Post
Turns out the title department at Lazydays is just being lazy. The lender is now actively involved and has assigned a representative to resolve this problem. BofA is perturbed that they put up a bunch of money and haven't been listed as a lien holder on the title. Which means they have no collaterol for their six figure loan. They told me yesterday that the woman who is the Lazydays title clerk has done almost nothing to procure the title from the previous owner. So they're a little pissed off that this has not been resolved in 5 months.
A problem like this is probably not an everyday occurance, but based on my experience with Lazydays so far, I would not recommend doing business with them unless they have a free and clear title on hand to show prospective buyers. This has been a real souring experience and has taken a lot of the joy out of the new RV experience.
I had been wondering if it was new or used and you answered that question in this post. You better hope it is just that the title clerk is "lazy" and not that there is some issue obtaining a clear title from the previous owner. For example hopefully there is not a lien against the vehicle the previous owner did not disclose and they cannot get the loan without paying that off.

I am crossing my fingers and saying a prayer you get a title soon. It worries me though because having a past in new and used car sales many decades ago I know that there is no reason a dealer would intentionally drag their feet like this for months.
Notlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I seriously doubt if Lazydays is risking their multi-million dollar business by doing anything shady with the title, and there are multiple glitches that can delay things. They probably just need a good jab to elevate the priority of getting this resolved. I would advise them formally (in person and in writing) that you are reporting them to the AZ DMV and Attorney General if you don't receive the title in 3 days. Or whatever time you think is reasonable. Make notice to a manager or executive, not a sales person. As ggwilde says, failure to provide a vehicle title in a timely manner is serious business for a dealer.

You could offer the alternative of a full refund of your purchase price, but you have to be willing to give up the RV if they cannot deliver..
That is what I did when Camping World dragged their feet producing our title (paid cash). I looked up the area manager for CW on the internet, which also provided his work phone number.
I spoke with him for about 10 minutes while relaying all the excuses given. Two days later I received a phone call from their title dept. informing me our title had been mailed.
A calm conversation and exchange of information gets much better results than throwing a tantrum at someone who had no knowledge of the situation.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the update, keep us informed as I'm really curious how this works out.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote